Quiet Walk - Feb. 26
- Sign Up for Email?
- 2023 Feb 26
The covenant with the children of Israel is renewed in Moab.
After laying out the options before the Israelites at Mount Ebal and Mount Gerazim, God now says, "Choose."
But by His grace, He makes clear the consequences of these choices. How terrible are the curses-and how wonderful are the blessings.
Seeing the alternative so clearly before us, what could possibly account for our choosing the curses? The only conceivable answer is that we don't believe God. We don't really believe that the blessings will be that good-or that the curses will be that bad.
The Old Testament was written for our instruction. We must learn to take God at His Word. Period.
· Offer to the Lord this psalm of praise for giving us His blessings:
Blessed are You, Lord God of Israel, our
Father, forever and ever.
Yours, O Lord, is the greatness,
The power and the glory,
The victory and the majesty;
For all that is in heaven and in earth is Yours;
Yours is the kingdom, O Lord,
And You are exalted as head over all
(1 Chronicles 29:10-11).
· Now pray this confession to the Lord:
Has the Lord as great delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices,
As in obeying the voice of the Lord?
Behold, to obey is better than sacrifice;
And to heed than the fat of rams
(1 Samuel 15:22).
· Confess any sins that the Holy Spirit brings to your mind. As you agree with God's will, voice your affirmation of His Word:
You are the light of the world. He who follows You shall not walk in darkness, but have the light of life (based on John 8:12).
· As you make your requests known to the Lord, pray for:
· greater personal discipline,
· the Lord's work in national and international affairs,
· today's activities.
· Now offer this prayer of worship to the Lord-the God who has promised to bless those who follow Him:
Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, to God who alone is wise, be honor and glory forever and ever. Amen (1 Timothy 1:17).
Receive teachings, global updates, and free resources with Walk Thru the Bible's free Living God's Word.
Read our current Newsletter and Subscribe today.