Quiet Walk - Feb. 6
- Sign Up for Email? Sign Up for Email Delivery?
- 2023 Feb 06
The Passover ends with the redemption of a promise.
Exodus 12 is one of the most remarkable and important chapters in all of the Bible. In it we learn many things:
1. Only God can deliver us from sin.
2. Sin's penalty is death.
3. God is willing to allow a substitute death, so that we don't have to die.
4. Faith is the basis of our salvation. Our belief results in our obedience.
5. The Old Testament passover lamb is a foreshadowing of the New Testament Passover Lamb, Jesus Christ.
6. We are saved the same way the Israelites were saved: by faith in the substitutionary atonement of the Lamb which God provided.
7. Not to accept this avenue of escape is to suffer the wrath of God.
· Praise the Lord for His picture of salvation:
I will praise You, O Lord, among the peoples,
And I will sing praises to You among the nations.
For Your mercy is great above the heavens,
And Your truth reaches to the clouds
· Now pray this confession to the Lord to keep your life in fellowship with Him:
As the heavens are high above the earth,
So great is His mercy toward those who fear Him.
As far as the east is from the west,
So far has He removed our transgressions from us
· Confess any sins that the Holy Spirit brings to your mind. As you agree with God's will, voice your affirmation of His Word:
I will remember the works of the Lord;
Surely I will remember Your wonders of old.
I will also meditate on all Your work,
And talk of Your deeds
· As you make your requests known to the Lord, pray for:
· greater faithfulness with your time,
· opportunities for personal evangelism,
· the concerns of your heart.
· Now offer this prayer of worship to the Lord:
Oh, satisfy us early with Your mercy,
That we may rejoice and be glad all our days!
Receive teachings, global updates, and free resources with Walk Thru the Bible's free Living God's Word.
Read our current Newsletter and Subscribe today.