Isaac takes Rebekah as his wife.
A steward is one who is commissioned to oversee the welfare and execute the affairs of another. The closer a steward is able to represent the mind of his superior, the better he fulfills his role. Therefore, when a steward is on assignment, ideally he has no personal mind or will; he strives to have the mind and will of his superior.
Eliezer, Abraham's servant, was an excellent example of a faithful steward. His complete mindset was to represent the will of Abraham as faithfully as possible. As Christians, we are stewards of Christ, and as such, we are to strive to have the mind and will of Christ. In addition, we are always on assignment (1 Corinthians 6:20). By studying Eliezer, we can gain insight into how to be a more faithful steward of Christ.
· Thank the Lord and give Him your praise for making you a steward of the precious truth of salvation in Christ:
Remember me, O Lord, with the favor You
have toward Your people;
Oh, visit me with Your salvation,
That I may see the benefit of Your chosen
That I may rejoice in the gladness of Your
That I may glory with Your inheritance
· Now pray this confession to the Lord:
O Lord, do not rebuke me in Your anger,
Nor chasten me in Your hot displeasure.
Have mercy on me, O Lord, for I am weak;
O Lord, heal me, for my bones are troubled.
My soul also is greatly troubled;
But You, O Lord -- how long? (Psalms 6:1-3).
· As you confess your sins, voice your affirmation of God's Word: God resists the proud, But gives grace to the humble (1 Peter 5:5).
· As you make your requests known to the Lord, pray for:
· greater faithfulness to the steward-ship of sharing the Gospel,
· the work of missions in the former Communist Bloc,
· today's activities.
· Now offer this prayer of worship to the Lord:
Great peace have those who love Your law,
And nothing causes them to stumble.
Lord, I hope for Your salvation,
And I do Your commandments.
My soul keeps Your testimonies,
And I love them exceedingly