Quiet Walk - Jan. 15
- Sign Up for Email? Sign Up for Email Delivery?
- 2023 Jan 15
Jacob deceives Isaac into blessing him rather than his older brother Esau.
This chapter is a low point in the life of a chosen family. It is difficult to justify the behavior of anyone. Perhaps the deepest, most helpful lesson we can learn from this chapter is that since God was able to make a saint out of someone like Jacob, God can take our lives -- with all of their sin and failure -- and make something out of them for His glory.
Jacob lied; we lie. Jacob failed to trust God; we fail to trust God. Jacob became a man of God; we can become men and women of God. Jacob was used by the Lord; the Lord can use us, too.
For a child of God, there is always a future; and that future can bear fruit. If God can use Jacob, God can use us.
· We praise the Lord with joy because He never gives up on us, His children:
Make a joyful shout to the Lord, all you lands!
Serve the Lord with gladness;
Come before His presence with singing.
Know that the Lord, He is God;
It is He who has made us, and not we ourselves;
We are His people and the sheep of His pasture (Psalms 100:1-3).
· Now pray this confession to the Lord in response to His revelation:
O Lord, I have heard your speech and was afraid;
O Lord, revive Your work in the midst of the years!
In the midst of the years make it known;
In wrath remember mercy (Habakkuk 3:2).
· As you confess any sins that the Holy Spirit brings to your mind, voice your affirmation of God's Word:
For He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him (2 Corinthians 5:21).
· As you make your requests known to the Lord, pray for:
· faithfulness with your finances,
· revival among Christians in America,
· the concerns of your heart.
· Now offer this prayer of worship to the Lord:
The Lord shall preserve your going out and your coming in
From this time forth, and even forevermore (Psalms 121:8).
Receive teachings, global updates, and free resources with Walk Thru the Bible's free Living God's Word.
Read our current Newsletter and Subscribe today.