Quiet Walk - Jan. 20
- Sign Up for Email? Sign Up for Email Delivery?
- 2023 Jan 20
Joseph rises to power.
God does the work of God, and man does the work of man. The work of man is faithfulness to what God has called him; the work of God is results. If we reverse the two, we can drive ourselves to an early grave. If we keep them in line, we can labor with freedom.
We need not get puffed up with pride when things go well, nor need we get distressed when things go poorly. To Pharaoh's question, Joseph answered, "It is not in me; God will give Pharaoh an answer of peace" (Genesis 41:16). Our job is faithfulness; God's job is results.
· Thank the Lord that He always does what He desires:
His dominion is an everlasting dominion, And His kingdom is from generation to generation... He does according to His will in the army of
heaven And among the inhabitants of the earth. No one can restrain His hand Or say to Him, "What have You done?" (Daniel 4:34-35).
· Now pray this confession to the Lord to keep your life in fellowship with Him:
May You hear the supplications of Your servant and of Your people Israel, when they pray . . . hear from heaven Your dwelling place, and when You hear, forgive (2 Chronicles 6:21).
· Confess any sins that the Holy Spirit brings to your mind. As you agree with God's will, voice your affirmation of His Word:
The Lord is on my side;
I will not fear.
What can man do to me?
The Lord is for me among those who help me;
Therefore I shall see my desire on those who hate me (Psalms 118:6-7).
· As you make your requests known to the Lord, pray for:
· greater faithfulness in your life,
· mercy on those who are suffering,
· today's activities.
· Now offer this prayer of worship to the Lord:
Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ (Ephesians 1:3).
Receive teachings, global updates, and free resources with Walk Thru the Bible's free Living God's Word.
Read our current Newsletter and Subscribe today.