Quiet Walk - Jan. 22
- Sign Up for Email? Sign Up for Email Delivery?
- 2023 Jan 22
Jacob is forced to send his youngest son, Benjamin, to Egypt.
In his commentary, F. B. Meyer regards Joseph as a reflection of Christ who, when his brothers come to him in fear, has only love to bestow on them. Meyer writes:
"Very often we move forward with dread into the unknown." In reality, our fears are groundless. "If only we realized that [God's] love is waiting for us there." His love requires little from us . . . just ourselves. He enables us to live a happy life when we realize the good He has for us. So, "lift up your hearts; a feast awaits you!"
· We are free to praise God because of what we know of Him through the Scriptures:
Yours is the kingdom, O Lord,
And You are exalted as head over all.
Both riches and honor come from You,
And You reign over all.
In Your hand is power and might;
In Your hand it is to make great
And to give strength to all.
Now therefore, our God,
We thank You
And praise Your glorious name
(1 Chronicles 29:11-13).
· Now pray this confession to the Lord to keep your life in fellowship with Him:
Create in me a clean heart, O God,
And renew a steadfast spirit within me. . . .
Restore to me the joy of Your salvation,
And uphold me by Your generous Spirit.
Then I will teach transgressors Your ways,
And sinners shall be converted to You
· As you confess any sins that the Holy Spirit brings to your mind, voice your affirmation of God's Word:
He who did not spare His own Son, but delivered Him up for us all, how shall He not with Him also freely give us all things?
· As you make your requests known to the Lord, pray for:
· sensitivity to sin,
· the ministry of your church,
· the concerns of your heart.
· Now offer this prayer of worship to the Lord who loves you as one of His children:
Amen! Blessing and glory and wisdom,
Thanksgiving and honor and power and might,
Be to our God forever and ever. Amen
Receive teachings, global updates, and free resources with Walk Thru the Bible's free Living God's Word.
Read our current Newsletter and Subscribe today.