Quiet Walk - Jan. 8
- Sign Up for Email? Sign Up for Email Delivery?
- 2023 Jan 08
God responds to the construction of the Tower of Babel.
To understand the Lord's response to the people building the tower of Babel, consider the command God gave Noah and his descendants in Genesis 9:1: "So God blessed Noah and his sons, and said to them: 'Be fruitful and multiply, and fill the earth.' "
In apparent disobedience, the people stayed in one place and began to build a monument to themselves. In response, God confused their languages and scattered the people over the face of the earth.
God deals with disobedience in different ways. Sometimes He lets us go our own way and suffer the natural consequences of our sin. At other times the issue is a major part of His program, and it cannot be ignored.
Disobedience always has a price, and in the end God always has His way. Obedience, then, while not always easy, is always wise. God always acts for the ultimate benefit of His children.
· As you consider the love of the Lord, who disciplines us only for our good, offer Him this psalm of praise:
O Lord, our Lord,
How excellent is Your name in all the earth (Psalms 8:1).
· Now pray this confession to the Lord to keep your life free from sin and in fellowship with Him:
The chastisement for my peace was upon You,
And by Your stripes I am healed (based on Isaiah 53:5).
· As you confess any sins that the Holy Spirit brings to your mind, voice your affirmation of God's Word:
I am the light of the world. He who follows Me shall not walk in darkness, but have the light of life (John 8:12).
· As you make your requests known to the Lord, pray for:
· faithfulness with your talents,
· your state and local leaders and civic affairs,
· today's activities.
· Now offer this prayer of worship to the Lord:
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me
All the days of my life;
And I will dwell in the house of the Lord Forever (Psalms 23:6).
Receive teachings, global updates, and free resources with Walk Thru the Bible's free Living God's Word.
Read our current Newsletter and Subscribe today.