Quiet Walk - June 1
- Sign Up for Email? Sign Up for Email Delivery?
- 2022 Jun 01
1 Kings 1
The prophet Nathan and Bathsheba join forces to ensure that Solomon replaces David as king.
As Adonijah, David's oldest living son, takes steps to become king, only Bathsheba and Nathan know of David's desire that Solomon succeed him.
Circumstances seem grim to Bathsheba. Should Adonijah become king, she and Solomon most probably would lose their lives, being seen as threats to the throne. Yet it is God who establishes kings, and His will is that Solomon reign. Again God demonstrates that He is in control-in spite of the foreboding circumstances.
As we consider the perplexing nature of circumstances in the world, we are tempted to lose heart, perhaps to question whether God is really in control. We should be reminded from this passage that He is. Whatever comes our way, the hand of God is there to see us through. It is something we must believe.
· As you continue your time with the Lord, offer this praise to Him:
I will praise You, O Lord, with my whole heart;
I will tell of all Your marvelous works. . . .
The Lord also will be a refuge for the oppressed,
A refuge in times of trouble.
And those who know Your name will put their trust in You;
For You, Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You
· Now express any additional thoughts of praise, adoration, or thanksgiving. Pray this confession to the Lord as you seek to keep your life free from sin:
"Now, therefore," says the Lord,
"Turn to me with all your heart,
With fasting, with weeping, and with mourning."
So rend your heart, and not your garments;
Return to the Lord your God,
For He is gracious and merciful,
Slow to anger, and of great kindness;
And He relents from doing harm
· The Lord encourages us to come to Him with our concerns and desires. As you make your requests known to the Lord, include:
· greater sensitivity to sin,
· the ministry of your local church,
· your activities for the day.
· Offer this closing prayer to the Lord:
"The Lord bless you and keep you;
The Lord make His face shine upon you,
And be gracious to you;
The Lord lift up His countenance upon you,
And give you peace"
Receive teachings, global updates, and free resources with Walk Thru the Bible's free Living God's Word.
Read our current Newsletter and Subscribe today.