Quiet Walk - June 6
- Sign Up for Email? Sign Up for Email Delivery?
- 2022 Jun 06
1 Kings 6
Solomon oversees the temple construction, making it a work of art glorifying God.
The temple that Solomon builds for the Lord is spectacular. The stonework is magnificent; the tapestry work is glorious; and nearly everything inside is overlaid with gold.
Why such opulence? Because the temple is to be a physical representation of the beauty and glory of God. One is supposed to be able to look at the temple and be reminded of the beauty of God. It is not beauty for beauty's sake, but for the glory of the God of beauty.
· Offer God your praise in the words of this Scripture:
Blessed be the name of God forever and ever,
For wisdom and might are His.
And He changes the times and the seasons;
He removes kings and raises up kings;
He gives wisdom to the wise
And knowledge to those who have understanding.
He reveals deep and secret things;
He knows what is in the darkness,
And light dwells with Him
· Pause for personal praise and thanksgiving. Pray this confession to the Lord as you seek to keep your life free from sin:
If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness (1 John 1:8-9).
· Confess any sins that the Holy Spirit brings to your mind. Now pray this affirmation to the Lord:
I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek. For in it the righteousness of God is revealed from faith to faith; as it is written, "The just shall live by faith" (Romans 1:16-17).
· As you make your requests known to the Lord, include:
· greater wisdom for living,
· the needs of your immediate family,
· whatever else is on your heart.
· Offer this closing prayer to the Lord:
Keep back Your servant also from presumptuous sins;
Let them not have dominion over me.
Then I shall be blameless,
And I shall be innocent of great transgression.
Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart
Be acceptable in Your sight,
O Lord, my strength and my Redeemer
Receive teachings, global updates, and free resources with Walk Thru the Bible's free Living God's Word.
Read our current Newsletter and Subscribe today.