25 Inspirational Love Quotes to Encourage Your Relationships
- Cally Logan Author
- 2018 12 Sep
From the dawn of creation God’s intent for man was to have relationship and to love. First and foremost, a relationship with Himself, but also relationships with one another. Genesis 2:18 shares that it, “was not good for man to be alone” and so God made woman. From the start relationships were meant to be the exchange of intentional and unconditional love. Crafted for each other and Himself, this beautiful design of God carries forth into today’s world in our relationships.
Relationships are a beautiful gift of God, rooted in His goodness for our benefit. Through relationship a man and a woman have the beautiful opportunity to understand what Christ meant when He said the Church would be His bride. They provide a deeper glimpse into the heart of our Creator, and His abundance of a life rooted in love for each of us to enjoy.
Powerful Bible Verses about Love to Encourage You:
1. ”The LORD God said, ‘It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper suitable for him.’” ― Genesis 2:18
2. “Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their labor: If either of them falls down, one can help the other up. But pity anyone who falls and has no one to help them up. Also, if two lie down together, they will keep warm. But how can one keep warm alone?" ― Ecclesiastes 4:9
3. “Husbands, love your wives, as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her, that he might sanctify her, having cleansed her by the washing of water with the word, so that he might present the church to himself in splendor, without spot or wrinkle or any such thing, that she might be holy and without blemish. In the same way husbands should love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself. For no one ever hated his own flesh, but nourishes and cherishes it, just as Christ does the church.” ― Ephesians 5:25-33
4. “And so we know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in them." ― 1 John 4:16
5. "I am my beloved’s and my beloved is mine." ― Song of Solomon 6:3
6. “Her husband has full confidence in her and lacks nothing of value. She brings him good, not harm, all the days of her life.” ― Proverbs 31:11-12
Inspiring Quotes from Well-Known Authors, Theologians, and Book Characters:
7. “Human love is directed to the other person for his own sake, spiritual love loves him for Christ's sake. Therefore, human love seeks direct contact with the other person; it loves him not as a free person but as one whom it binds to itself. It wants to gain, to capture by every means; it uses force. It desires to be irresistible, to rule.” ― Dietrich Bonhoeffer
8. “A common vision can unite people of very different temperaments.” ― Timothy Keller, The Meaning of Marriage
9. "Most foundationally, marriage is the doing of God. And ultimately, marriage is the display of God." — John Piper
10. "You must allow me to tell you how ardently I admire and love you." — Mr. Darcy, Pride and Prejudice
11. “True love isn't expressed in passionately whispered words an intimate kiss or a embrace; before two people are married, love is expressed in self-control, patience, even words left unsaid.” ― Joshua Harris
12. "The point is the love story. We live in a love story in the midst of war." — John Eldredge
13. "To love at all is to be vulnerable. Love anything, and your heart will certainly be wrung and possibly broken. If you want to make sure of keeping it intact, you must give your heart to no one, not even to an animal. Wrap it careful round with hobbies and little luxuries; avoid all entanglements; lock it up safe in the casket or coffin of your selfishness. But in that casket—safe, dark, motionless, airless—it will change. It will not be broken; it will become unbreakable, impenetrable, irredeemable . . . The only place outside Heaven where you can be perfectly safe from all the dangers . . . of love is Hell. — C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
14. "Love says: I’ve seen the ugly parts of you, and I’m staying." — Matt Chandler
15. “I always said, ‘When things come against us we can either turn on each other, or we can come together and turn on it.’” ― Chip Gaines, The Magnolia Story
16. “The joy of intimacy is the reward of commitment.” ― Joshua Harris
17. "Marriage is patterned after Christ’s covenant relationship to his redeemed people, the church. And therefore, the highest meaning and the most ultimate purpose of marriage is to put the covenant relationship of Christ and his church on display. That is why marriage exists. If you are married, that is why you are married. If you hope to be, that should be your dream." — John Piper
18. “Men, you'll never be a good groom to your wife unless you're first a good bride to Jesus.” ― Timothy Keller
19. “Material things are no replacement for human, emotional love.” ― Gary Chapman, The Five Love Languages
20. "Here’s a blueprint for marriage: 1. We become overwhelmed by Christ’s care for us. 2. So we shower our wives with the same love we receive from God. 3. Then, people are shocked by our extravagant love toward our wives. 4. As a result, we are given an opportunity to tell them about the love of Christ that compels us." — Francis Chan (You and Me Forever: Marriage in Light of Eternity)
21. “The only way love can last a lifetime is if it's unconditional. The truth is this: love is not determined by the one being loved but rather by the one choosing to love.” ― Stephen Kendrick, The Love Dare
22. “When one has once fully entered the realm of love, the world — no matter how imperfect — becomes rich and beautiful, it consists solely of opportunities for love.”
― Søren Kierkegaard, Works of Love
24. ”Let the wife make the husband glad to come home, and let him make her sorry to see him leave.” — Martin Luther
25. ”When I have learned to love God better than my earthly dearest, I shall love my earthly dearest better than I do now.” — C. S. Lewis
Relationships and love are a foundational piece of the purpose of mankind. From relationship with God to relationship with one another, bonds are formed and the love and work of the Kingdom of God is carried out. When looking first and foremost to Him as the root, and then a commitment to one another, true beauty is formed.
Cally Logan is a writer and teacher from Richmond, Virginia. She graduated from Regent University. Currently, she is a writer for Dear Sparrows Ministry site, and the Podcast, "Dear Sparrows." In her free time, she enjoys leading a high school girls’ small group, cooking, and spending time in tree houses. Her latest books, Dear Young Sparrow and Unveiled are available everywhere or at DearSparrows.com.
This article is part of our larger Inspiring Quotes resource meant to encourage and strengthen your faith. Visit our most popular quotes by well known Christians and theologians to find more inspiration. Remember, the Holy Spirit can work through us when we have faith and share it with others! Please pass along any quotes that touch your heart because you never know light you’ll shine on someone else’s dark day!
Quotes About Love
30 Inspiring Christian Quotes
God’s Love Quotes
Dr Martin Luther King Jr Quotes
Dietrich Bonhoeffer Quotes
Charles Spurgeon Quotes
Billy Graham Quotes
Corrie Ten Boom Quotes
C.S. Lewis Quotes
Elisabeth Elliot Quotes
Mother Teresa Quotes
Image credits in order of appearance: Unsplash.com/TylerNix/EmmanuelPhaeton/SteveHalama
Cally Logan is a writer and teacher from Richmond, Virginia. She graduated from Regent University. Currently, she is a writer for Dear Sparrows Ministry site, and the Podcast, "Dear Sparrows." In her free time, she enjoys leading a high school girls’ small group, cooking, and spending time in tree houses. Her latest books, Dear Young Sparrow and Unveiled are available everywhere or at https://dearsparrows.com/.