3. Singleness Equals Misery
Slide 2 of 4
Singles are not unhappy. There are many unmarried individuals who are living meaningful and productive lives. They have amazing careers, strong and stable friendships, hobbies, and gratifying social lives. They are single by choice because they have discovered the beauty of this season of life and are taking full advantage of this time; they aren't in any rush to get married.
4. You're Unapproachable or Too Intimidating
To say that someone is intimidating or unapproachable is understandable. However, if you perceive someone as hard to approach, is it that the person is unapproachable, or is it a lack of confidence? It takes confidence to approach anyone. If you're single and constantly being told that you're intimidating, don't change. You are not the issue. The fact that someone thinks you're difficult to approach is not your problem; it's theirs. This is not to say that you should walk around with a frown on your face, nor is it to say that you should walk around smiling. However, it is to say that if someone wants to approach you, they will.
5. There's a Lack of Good Men/Women to Have Relationships With
Contrary to popular belief, there are plenty of good men and women to have viable, spirit-led, productive relationships with. People tend to project their bad experiences with dating and past relationships onto others. Unbeknownst to them, it places doubt about love and relationships in the minds of others. It can crush their hopes of finding love, take the fun out of dating, and create a sense of pressure to be a good person to have a relationship with. There are good single men and women to have relationships with. The key to understanding this is to keep these simple things in mind:
- No one is perfect. Not even you. Don't seek perfection in a mate. You won't find it.
- Just because someone wasn't a good person in one relationship doesn't mean they won't be good in another one.
- Always assume good intentions. Give a person the benefit of the doubt until they give you a reason to doubt them.
- Keep an open mind when dating. Don't limit yourself to a small window or picture of who or what you believe the ideal mate is.
There are a plethora of good men and women to have relationships with. When it is your time, the right person for you will come along.
Photo credit: ©GettyImages/wernerimages