Episode #3: On Platforms, Branding, and Friendship
- Inside the Editors' Room Podcast
- 2017 27 Apr
This week, the editors sit down to discuss Jen Hatmaker's heartfelt Good Friday post about the "Christian Machine" and have a larger conversation about what it means to have a platform, build a brand, and pursue your callings in today's Christian culture as writers and content creators. We also discuss Lisa-Jo Baker's new book "Never Unfriended" and talk about friendships for women and men alike-- all four of us found things that challenged and encouraged us in this one!
Join us on Facebook to share your feedback-- we look forward to hearing your thoughts on platforms, branding, and friendships!
- Ludcaris freestyle rapping the children’s book “Llama Llama Red Pajama”
- Jen Hatmaker’s Good Friday article “My Saddest Good Friday in Memory: When Treasured Things are Dead”
- Karen Swallow Prior’s article “Only One Platform Will Last” on The Gospel Coalition
- Trevin Wax’s article “On Writing, Branding, and Platform-Building” on The Gospel Coalition
- Never Unfriended: The Secret to Finding and Keeping Lasting Friendships by Lisa-Jo Baker
- (in)courage where Lisa-Jo Baker is the community manager
Check THIS out:
Shawn: “The Big Short” (our review on Crosswalk here) and “The Founder” (our review here)
Kelly: Think Again: Relief from the Burden of Introspection book by Jared Mellinger; The Freedom of Self Forgetfulness: The Path to True Christian Joy by Timothy Keller
Rachel: Alabaster - The Bible Beautiful (available to order here)
Steve: “The Problem with Purity Rings” article by Stephen Altrogge
Where to find us:
Please subscribe to our podcast on iTunes, Google Play, SoundCloud, or TuneIn, and be sure to leave us a review! These little things go a long way when it comes to helping new listeners find out about our conversations, and we’d love to hear what you think. Thanks for listening!