The birth of Isaac is promised.
Don't you love hospitality? Isn't it a pleasant experience to enter someone's home and feel welcome? Hospitality is the mark of an open and giving heart.
The secret to hospitality is love. If you love your guests and go out of your way to make them feel loved, you will be an exceptional host or hostess.
Hospitality is such an important Christian character trait that elders in the church must be "hospitable" (1 Timothy 3:2).
Abraham was a man given to hospitality. Likewise, hospitality should be a trait in our own lives.
· In full confidence in the character of God, offer your praise to Him through these psalms:
Rejoice in the Lord, O you righteous!
For praise from the upright is beautiful
But I will hope continually,
And will praise You yet more and more.
My mouth shall tell of Your righteousness
And Your salvation all the day,
For I do not know their limits
· Now pray this confession to the Lord:
I return to the Lord, my God,
For He is gracious and merciful,
Slow to anger, and of great kindness;
And He relents from doing harm
(based on Joel 2:13).
· Confess any sins that the Holy Spirit brings to your mind. As you agree with God's will, voice your affirmation of His Word:
God was manifested in the flesh,
Justified in the Spirit,
Seen by angels,
Preached among the Gentiles,
Believed on in the world,
Received up in glory (1 Timothy 3:16).
· As you make your requests known to the Lord, pray for:
· greater commitment to the Lord,
· the work of specific Christian ministries,
· today's activities.
· Offer this prayer of worship to the Lord:
Let the words of my mouth and the
meditation of my heart
Be acceptable in Your sight,
O Lord, my strength and my Redeemer