The Easter season is upon us, and there are signs of the Lord’s handiwork and blessings everywhere. I love the season of spring with the warmer temperatures, green grass, bright flowers, birds chirping, and various squirrels and rabbits running around in the backyard. With spring comes Easter and the celebration of our Lord’s resurrection.
In the hustle and bustle of our daily lives, let's take a moment and really reflect on what the blessing of His resurrection and what it means for us. We will not be condemned to hell for our sins but taken to live with Him in heaven. We will have no more pain or sorrow, and we will be able to see our beautiful Savior face-to-face as well as be reunited with our loved ones who have gone before us. What a fantastic day that will be. In honor of the Easter season, here is a list of Easter blessings and quotes to help keep your heart focused.
Easter Blessings and Quotes to Celebrate the Resurrection of Jesus Christ
1. “Do not abandon yourselves to despair. We are the Easter people and hallelujah is our song.” -Pope John Paul II
2. “All praise to God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. It is by his great mercy that we have been born again because God raised Christ Jesus from the dead. -1 Peter 1:3
3. “So God has given both his promise and his oath. These two things are unchangeable because it is impossible for God to lie. Therefore, we who have fled to him for refuge can have great confidence as we hold to the hope that lies before us. This hope is a strong and trusty anchor for our souls. It leads us through the curtain to God’s inner sanctuary.” -Hebrews 6:18-19
4. “Want to know the coolest thing about the One who gave up the crown of heaven for a crown of thorns? He did it for you. Just for you!” -Max Lucado
5. “If you openly declare that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is by believing in your heart that you are made right with God, and it is by openly declaring your faith that you are saved.” -Romans 10:9-10
6. “For this is how God loved the world; that he gave his one and only Son so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life. God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him.” -John 3:16-17
7. “The tomb of Christ is famous because of what IT DOES NOT CONTAIN.” -Sam Morris
8. “For we died and were buried with Christ by baptism. And just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glorious power of the Father, now we also may live many new lives.” -Romans 6:4
9. “Since we have been united with him in his death, we will also be raised to life as he was.” -Romans 6:5
10. “And God will raise us from the dead by his power, just as he raised our Lord from the dead.” -1 Corinthians 6:14
11. “I passed onto you what is most important and what had also been passed on to me. Christ died for our sins, just as the Scriptures said. He was buried, and he was raised from the dead on the third day, just as the Scriptures said. He was seen by Peter and then by the Twelve.” -1 Corinthians 15:3-5
12. “But he was pierced for our rebellion and crushed for our sins. He was beaten so we could be whole. He was whipped so we could be healed.” -Isaiah 53:5
13. “But as for me, I know that my Redeemer lives, and he will stand upon the earth at last.” -Job 19:25
14. “If I am to inherit Eternal Life. I must cultivate a correspondence with the Eternal.” -Henry Drummond
15. “But those who drink the water I give will never be thirsty again. It becomes a fresh, bubbling spring within them, giving them eternal life.” -John 4:14
16. “The risen life of Jesus is the nourishment and strengthening and blessing and life of a Christian.” -Alexander MacLaren
17. “My old self has been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me. So I live in this earthly body by trusting in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.” -Galatians 2:20
18. “Because of the empty tomb, we have peace. Because of His resurrection, we can have peace during even the most troubling of times because we know He is in control of all that happens in the world.” -Paul Chappell
19. “Jesus Christ did not come into this world to make bad people good. He came into this world to make dead people live.” -Ravi Zacharias
20. “Our Lord has written the promise of resurrection, not in the books alone, but in every leaf in springtime.” -Martin Luther
21. “But the angel said, ‘Don’t be alarmed. You are looking for Jesus of Nazareth, who was crucified. He isn’t here! He is risen from the dead! Look, this is where they laid his body.’” -Mark 16:6
22. “Jesus told her, ‘I am the resurrection and the life. Anyone who believes in me will live, even after dying. Everyone who lives in me and believes in me will never ever die. Do you believe this, Martha?’” -John 11:25-26
23. “Easter says you can put truth in a grave, but it won’t stay there.” -Clarence W. Hall
24. “Easter was when Hope in person surprised the whole world by coming forward from the future into the present.” -N. T. Wright
25. “The resurrection gives my life meaning and direction and the opportunity to start over no matter what my circumstances.” -Robert Flatt
Take a few moments each day to meditate on these verses in the weeks leading up to Easter. Let us reflect on all the fantastic things our Lord has done and will do.
Carrie Lowrance is a writer and author. Her work has been published on Huffington Post, The Penny Hoarder, Young Modern Money, and Same Journey. She is also the author of two children’s books, Don’t Eat Your Boogers (You’ll Turn Green) and Brock’s Bad Temper (and the Time Machine). You can learn more about Carrie and her writing at www.carrielowrance.com.
Photo credit: ©GettyImages/Boonyachoat