What Girls Should Know About Guys: 40 Tips
- David Murray HeadHeartHead.org
- 2013 19 Feb
At last week’s Youth Camp, I hosted a workshop for the guys on 10 things they should know about girls. Before I got into the topic, I distributed index cards to each guy and asked them to write the one thing they wanted girls to know about guys. “This is your one chance in life to send a legitimate anonymous message to the girls about what you wish they knew about you.”
I then collected the cards and sent them up to my wife, Shona, who read them out to a similar workshop for the girls. So what did the guys want the girls to know about them? Here’s a selection from the cards:
- Guys can be nervous and shy, too (x4).
- We have feelings too (x4).
- Guys work hard.
- We are not as emotional.
- Men prefer women to let them know that they have feelings for them. Many men are shy of that aspect.
- Just be straightforward, and don’t be confusing.
- Don’t lead guys on when you really have no interest in them. Guys can have a hard time figuring out whether you are really interested.
- Most guys aren’t as tough as they try to look. They try to look the part but really need women.
- My sister is very strict.
- My phone number (x4).
- Most guys won’t wait around for a girl they like, if she just strings them along.
- Guys are human too, they need encouragement.
- If our friends don’t talk to us for a week, we don’t think that they hate us.
- It’s nice when you tell us how you feel instead of giving us the cold shoulder.
- Choosing one from so many wonderful young ladies is hard.
- We are programmed to lead.
- Make me a sandwich.
- We wear the pants (trousers for British readers!)
- We’re not as emotional as you might want us to be.
- Pretty is great but being able to change tires and do other practical things is great too.
- I find more modestly dressed women attractive.
- Even though I don’t appear nice, I’m nicer to people I get to know better.
- We don’t understand girls’ subtleties, like body language, your words, the way you act. Tell us straight!
- Guys tend to be very visual; therefore, dress and actions can easily promote lust and sinful thoughts.
- Sometimes guys are quiet just because they are interested in you! Just because they ignore you, doesn’t mean they don’t like you.
- Guys are vulnerable. The way a girl dresses and speaks holds a lot of power on the way a guy thinks.
- Girls look just as good without all the makeup.
- To a guy who truly loves a girl, looks are just a small part of the attraction, although we do love the physical part – confusing!
- Guys aren’t all the same. Each guy thinks very differently from the other.
- Most guys lust quickly. You dress a little immodestly, and our minds hit the gutter (x5).
- Guys love easy-going girls. Take it easy on us and let us do our thing.
- No guys like shopping for hours!! Except for sports equipment!
- Guys don’t need to spend too much time in the mirror in the morning.
- Sometimes we don’t feel like talking. That doesn’t mean we don’t love you.
- We are practical.
- We are logical (generally).
- We’re not scary to talk to.
- Men like good food.
- When you make us a sandwich, please also bring us a drink.
- Sometimes guys have a hard time starting a conversation. So girls should start conversations too.
- “Great, now make me a sandwich!”
Obviously (hopefully), some of these are a bit tongue-in-cheek! Is there anything you’d add?
Tomorrow, I’ll post what the girls wanted the guys to know