Salvation: Riches & Treasures – Part 2
By Margaret D. Mitchell
Week of December 20, 2020
One morning, as I saw my husband off to work, I stood at the front doorway and watched a Corona delivery truck drive down the street. I noticed a crown symbol on the front of the truck. The Lord highlighted this to me. And so I inquired.
Holy Spirit reminded me that “Sin is not our portion. Salvation is.”
Later, He led me to Psalm 149:4 NIV, which says, "For the LORD takes delight in his people; he crowns the humble with victory."
Victory in this scripture means salvation. (See the NASB version.)
And in Hebrew, this victory-salvation, this liberty is called Yeshua, which is also the Hebrew Name of Jesus (Strong’s #3444).
Therefore, when we call on the Name of Jesus, we are calling on the victory-salvation that He is and that He offers.
He is always available to adorn us with new life—inside and out.
He is our treasure and we are His.
Treasure implies riches that are stored up.
We know He has treasure in Heaven for us but He, as our greatest treasure, also lives inside of us believers. As we seek and obey Him, He will release more of Himself into our souls (mind, will, emotions), working out His victory-salvation in us and through us.
God aligns our minds with His helmet of salvation (life), the crown of victory-salvation, because whatever is on our minds can be produced (Pr 23:7).
Our lot is to be cast according to His way and His portion. Our lot is Love and all that He is (Ps 16:5, Ac 17:28). He doesn’t leave it to chance. He makes our victory-salvation certain.
So, may we not compromise our blessings as we look to Him as our source.
Several days after the Corona (crown) delivery truck drove by, The Lord led me to an article about a Christmas season “star” to appear in the night sky on December 21, when God’s two largest planets, Jupiter and Saturn, are expected to align within 0.1 degree. This special “star,” as it debuts low in the sky on the shortest day of the year, is considered rare as it becomes the largest and nearest one in 800 years. It is expected to remain constantly bright, and not twinkle, given that it’s actually the conjunction (union) of two planets (not actual stars).
Metaphorically, this speaks of a cycle of new unity—the coming together to create something unusually spectacular for nations to see. Through God’s glory expressed in this cosmic event, I believe He is inspiring us and inviting us to come closer to Him and align with Him uncompromisingly, as to consistently shine brighter than we ever have in a short amount of time for His glory (Ps 19:1, 97:6; Hab 3:3; Is 26:7 AMPC, Is 60:21 AMPC).
The Lord then highlighted two encouragements from His Word:
Proverbs 4:18 TPT, which says, "But the lovers of God walk on the highway of light, and their way shines brighter and brighter until they bring forth the perfect day."
Isaiah 60:3 AMPC, which says, "And nations shall come to your light, and kings to the brightness of your rising."
I believe these promises are for all believers, who will receive God’s truth and obey.
As I continued to study God’s Word, Holy Spirit revealed six steps to receiving His stored up treasures:
- It begins with asking:
- Matthew 7:11 NLT – "So if you sinful people know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your heavenly Father give good gifts to those who ask him.
- "Psalm 2:8 NIV – "Ask me, and I will make the nations your inheritance, the ends of the earth your possession."
- Allow His light to shine in and through us as our Treasure:
- Colossians 2:3 NLT – "In him lie hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge."
- Corinthians 4:7 NLT – "We now have this light shining in our hearts, but we ourselves are like fragile clay jars containing this great treasure. This makes it clear that our great power is from God, not from ourselves."
- Matthew 5:26 NIV – "In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven."
- The key to unlock this Treasure is the fear of The Lord:
- Isaiah 33:6 NIV – "He will be the sure foundation for your times, a rich store of salvation and wisdom and knowledge; the fear of the LORD is the key to this treasure."
- Psalm 85:9 AMPC – "Surely His salvation is near to those who reverently and worshipfully fear Him, [and is ready to be appropriated] that [the manifest presence of God, His] glory may tabernacle and abide in our land."
- Go His way obediently:
- Isaiah 2:2-3 AMPC – "It shall come to pass in the latter days that the mountain of the Lord's house shall be [firmly] established as the highest of the mountains and shall be exalted above the hills, and all nations shall flow to it. And many people shall come and say, ‘Come, let us go up to the mountain of the Lord, to the house of the God of Jacob, that He may teach us His ways and that we may walk in His paths...’"
- Matthew 6:33 NLT – "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."
- Stay the course:
- Proverbs 3:5 NLT – "Trust in the LORD with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding."
- Isaiah 26:3 AMPC – "You will guard him and keep him in perfect and constant peace whose mind [both its inclination and its character] is stayed on You, because he commits himself to You, leans on You, and hopes confidently in You."
- Let Holy Spirit produce good fruit through us:
- Luke 6:45 NLT – "A good person produces good things from the treasury of a good heart, and an evil person produces evil things from the treasury of an evil heart. What you say flows from what is in your heart."
- Isaiah 60:3 ESV – "And nations shall come to your light, and kings to the brightness of your rising."
Friends, I look forward to gazing up at the Christmas “star” on December 21st with you as a remembrance of who God is, what He has done for us and what He will do forward.
God has an extension and an expanse waiting to be received.
He longs to fulfill His promises.
What dreams have you long held in your hearts that go beyond yourselves?
What has God assigned to you right now?
How do you see your dreams progressing?
May I pray for you?
Thank You for the gift of Your Son, Jesus, and for aligning our minds with the new life You offer us through Him. As we look up into Your night sky on December 21st, may we be reminded of You as our Creator and of Your Son as Your greatest gift to us, who came down. May You encourage each person reading or listening to this devotion to be closer to their dreams by giving them a special promise revealed to them by You in a personal way. May You give them good gifts for the asking, including nations (Matt 7:11, Ps 2:8). Thank You, Lord, for enabling them to receive Your very best and to walk consistently upright with You. Thank You, Lord, for being our very best promise, life and inheritance. Our certain victory-salvation for all times.
In Jesus’ Mighty Name.
Margaret D. Mitchell is the Founder of God's Love at Work, a marketplace outreach purposed to share God's greatest power source - the love of Christ.