Answers for Each Day - December 19
- Sign Up for Email? Sign Up for Email Delivery?
- 2022 Dec 19
Getting Established in the Faith
If you are a new believer in Christ, or know someone who is, I want to talk to you today. I want to share with you four things that will help you get established in your faith.
1. Read your Bible every day. That's food for your spirit. Psalm 119:11 says, Your Word I have hidden in my heart, that I might not sin against You. It is vital you spend time in God's Word.
2. Pray every day. Spend time talking to God and then listening in your heart for His answers. As 1 Thessalonians 5:17 admonishes us, Pray without ceasing. This is a vital part of your growth and protection as a believer.
3. Fellowship with other believers. Do not get isolated from the church. Do not get isolated from the rest of the body. Scripture tells us to not forsake the assembling of yourselves together, as is the manner of some (Hebrews 10:25). In fact, it is important to get integrated into a smaller circle of fellowship. You need to get connected relationally. There is a real safety in that.
4. Listen to your spiritual leaders. Go to church whenever the doors are open, and go expecting God to speak to you through the teaching and preaching. One translation of Hebrews 13:17 says, Give ear to your spiritual leaders and be willing to do what they say for their work is to watch over your souls. Become a part of a strong Bible-believing fellowship and take heed to what is taught.
If you will do those things: read your Bible every day, pray every day, get involved in a smaller circle of fellowship and listen to your spiritual leaders, you will be all right.
Visit the Answers with Bayless Conley website for more ways to connect with God.
Chase the abundant life God has for you!
Peace, love, purpose, passion, restoration, healing . . . we all want to experience those things this year. But is it actually possible?
It is—because God invites you to pursue the abundant life in Him every day! And you’ll find out exactly how to do that with Bayless Conley’s NEW book, Great Pursuits: Chasing What Matters Most in Life.
This resource gives you scriptural, practical, and personal lessons from God’s Word—as well as from Bayless’ own life—to help you pursue what’s most important in life even in these challenging times.