The Impact of Sacrifice
Yesterday we saw how Jesus calls us to sacrifice, and how the devil will do all he can to keep us from that. Read again Jesus' words,
"If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow Me. For whoever desires to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake will find it" (Matthew 16:24-25).
The devil will fight to keep you from sacrifice because he knows several things.
1. He understands that sacrifice brings the presence of God. Throughout the Old and New Testaments you will find that whenever men and women sacrificed, God's presence came. The devil doesn't want more of the presence of God in your life. He would love for you to live a mediocre, half-hearted life. But to follow Jesus means self-denial. When Jesus leads you to sacrifice, it will always bring a greater measure of His life and His presence into your life. And the devil understands that.
2. He understands that sacrifice opens a great channel of blessing that otherwise we will not experience. Paul wrote to the Philippians, "I've received your gift. It is a sacrifice, a sweet-smelling aroma to God, and my God will supply all of your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus." That promise of needs being met according to a heavenly standard was directly linked to sacrificial giving.
3. He understands that those who have changed the world were always men and women who sacrificed. You will not find anyone who has changed the world for good that has not been a person of great sacrifice. The devil knows that is true!
Don't let Satan keep you from the sacrifice God is calling you to make.
Visit the Answers with Bayless Conley website for more ways to connect with God.
I want to help you experience the fullness of God’s grace at work in your life, by sending you my 3-part teaching CD series, Total Redemption.
Jesus came to earth to restore you in every aspect: spirit, soul, and body. And in this message series, I take you through Scripture to reveal how you can experience redemption practically in these three aspects of your life. You’ll learn how to…
- Reconnect with God in your heart
- Experience authentic peace in your mind
- Transform your language, lifestyle, and relationships
Total Redemption is my way to thank you for your gift to help bring a living Jesus to more people—so request your copy. Thank you for your generosity!