Robbing God—of What?
Malachi 3:8-9 gives us a sober warning,
"Will a man rob God? Yet you have robbed Me! But you say, ‘In what way have we robbed You?' In tithes and offerings. You are cursed with a curse, for you have robbed Me, even this whole nation."
Now if you think about this statement, you have to ask, "How do you rob God? I mean, really, what does that mean?"
There are two ways we rob God when we refuse to tithe:
1. We rob God of honor that is due Him. In Proverbs 3:9 it says to, Honor the LORD with your possessions, and with the firstfruits of all your increase. By giving God the first part of our income, we are honoring Him as being first in our lives. We demonstrate faith in His promise to supply our needs as well—and God is honored by our faith.
2. We rob God of the opportunity to bless us. In Malachi 3:10, God promises to bless us if we bring Him the first tenth of our income (the tithe).
The promise in Proverbs is that our barns will be filled with plenty if we will honor the Lord with our firstfruits (Proverbs 3:9-10).
He can bless us. He desires to bless us. Let us not rob Him of the opportunity to do so, nor of the honor that is due Him.
Visit the Answers with Bayless Conley website for more ways to connect with God.
Know God in a deeper way!
The Holy Spirit’s presence brings hope, joy, and comfort; and He longs to walk in deep fellowship with you every day.
We want to help you experience a more intimate friendship with God, by sending you the Knowing the Holy Spirit package.
It includes Bayless Conley’s The Infilling of the Holy Spirit booklet and his powerful 5-message series called Becoming Acquainted with the Holy Spirit.
1. The Presence, Power, and Person of the Holy Spirit DVD
2. Expecting the Holy Spirit’s Help DVD
3. Evidence of a Spirit-Filled Life CD
4. Speaking in Tongues CD
5. The Holy Spirit’s Work in Our Hearts CD
Bayless Conley unpacks the benefits and evidences of being filled with the Spirit of God.
Find out what it means to live a Spirit-filled life!