God has already written the final chapter of your life - Daily Hope with Rick Warren - December 12, 2017
God has already written the final chapter of your life
By Rick Warren
“Now we live with great expectation, and we have a priceless inheritance — an inheritance that is kept in heaven for you, pure and undefiled, beyond the reach of change and decay” (1 Peter 1:3b-4 NLT).
It’s easy to look around the world and not see any reason for hope. But God’s Word is clear: We have real reasons for hope. The first chapter of 1 Peter gives us five of those reasons. I’ve described two of them the last few days in these devotionals.
1. God chose us before we chose him.
2. God always treats us with grace and mercy.
The third reason is God has secured our future.No matter what happens for the rest of your life, if you have a relationship with Christ, God guarantees your future. You will never be able to lose your salvation.
The Bible says, “Now we live with great expectation, and we have a priceless inheritance — an inheritance that is kept in heaven for you, pure and undefiled, beyond the reach of change and decay” (1 Peter 1:3b-4 NLT).
An inheritance is what you’re given because you belong to a family. Usually, it’s given to you at someone’s death. It’s like a birthright.
Peter gives us five words and phrases to describeour inheritance in Heaven. It is:
● Reserved:You need a reservation to get into Heaven, and you can only make that reservation through Jesus. Once you put in your reservation, it can never be canceled.
● Pure: It isn’t fake. It’s the real deal.
● Undefiled: It can’t be corrupted. You can’t lose it — ever.
● Beyond the reach of change and decay: It won’t whither, die, or lose its value.
● Priceless: You can’t measure its value.
God has already written the final chapter of your life. You’ve got a reservation that you cannot lose! You can trust in that. You can believe in that. You can place your hope in that.
Talk It Over
Why is it so important that we’re able to trust that God’s gift of salvation is secure?
Have you ever struggled to believe in the security of your salvation? What helped you overcome those concerns?
For more Daily Hope with Rick Warren, please visit pastorrick.com!
Put Jesus at the center of your Christmas!
Many people step into the Christmas season run down and worn out. And by the time January rolls around, they’re so exhausted that they’ve completely missed the real reason for the season.
But there’s really no better time to recalibrate your heart toward Jesus than during the holidays. And Pastor Rick Warren’s book, The Purpose of Christmas, can help you fill your Christmas with more of God’s love and peace by making Christ the center of your life.
This resource shows you . . .
• What Christmas means for your salvation
• How to surrender to God’s will
• Practical steps to overcome discouragement
• Why we celebrate Christmas at all
• How Christmas can be a time to make peace with others
The Purpose of Christmas is our way to thank you for your gift below to help more people learn, love, and live the Word – so request your copy when you give!
From all of us at Daily Hope, may you experience God’s peace and joy this holiday season!
This devotional © 2017 by Rick Warren. All rights reserved. Used by permission.
You can listen to Rick Warren on OnePlace.com.