Don’t Worry. Trust God!
By Rick Warren
“And this same God who takes care of me will supply all your needs from his glorious riches, which have been given to us in Christ Jesus”(Philippians 4:19 NLT).
We can be a hero one day and a zero the next day, a millionaire one day and bankrupt the next. No matter how much we make, no matter how much we save, finances are uncertain.
So we worry. But what does the Bible say about worrying over money?
1. It’s unreasonable (Matthew 6:25).You’re going to have fears in life, but there are better things to be scared of than a lack of finances. Even if you go bankrupt, it could get worse. Life is more than just the accumulation of things. Be concerned aboutwhat’s truly important.
2. It’s unnatural(Matthew 6:26). Jesus reminds us that animals and plants don’t worry. Birds don’t say, “I’d better build a bigger nest for retirement.” Only human beings don’t trust God to provide for them. Everything else in creation trusts him.
3. It’s unnecessary (Matthew 6:30). Financial fears come from a misunderstanding about God and what he’s promised to do for you. He’s assumed responsibility for your needs. He says, “I’m your heavenly Father; you’re my child. I’m going to take care of your needs.” We always get into trouble when we doubt the love of God.
Worry is playing God. It’s assuming responsibility for something that God has said he will take care of. Paul reminds us in Philippians 4:19, “And this same God who takes care of me will supply all your needs from his glorious riches, which have been given to us in Christ Jesus” (NLT).
God knows what’s going on in your life —and in your wallet. He knows all your needs even before you ask. He wants to help you out.
For more Daily Hope with Rick Warren, please visit pastorrick.com!
Financial Fitness Study Kit
Let God lead you into financial freedom!
I want to help you enjoy what God has given you right now by helping you build important financial principles into your life.
God gives us important advice about how to give, save, invest, and spend. And these are the principles Pastor Rick Warren shares in his Financial Fitness study kit.
We want to send you the Financial Fitness DVD Study and workbook to thank you for your gift today to help reach more people with the hope of Jesus Christ.
In this 5-session video study Pastor Rick will help you…
• Understand and apply God’s advice about your money.
• Do more with your money than you ever thought possible.
• Feel greater peace through financial freedom.
Receive your copy by giving below today—and thank you for helping share the practical and powerful principles of God’s Word with more people through Daily Hope!
This devotional © 2018 by Rick Warren. All rights reserved. Used by permission.
You can listen to Rick Warren on OnePlace.com.