Failure Can Be Good for You - Daily Hope with Rick Warren - June 22, 2019
Failure Can Be Good for You
By Rick Warren
“A man who refuses to admit his mistakes can never be successful”(Proverbs 28:13 TLB).
We usually think of failure as negative. But wise people know how to take advantage of failure. They learn from it. They use it as an education. One of the primary tools that God uses in your life to make you what he wants you to be is failure.
How can failure be good?
1. God uses failure to educate us.Mistakes are simply learning experiences. Some lessons can only be learned through failure. The Bible says, “A man who refuses to admit his mistakes can never be successful” (Proverbs 28:13 TLB).
If you're not making any mistakes, you're not learning. If you're not taking any risks, you're not growing. The freedom from the fear of failure is the freedom to grow.
2. God uses failure to motivate us. “Sometimes it takes a painful situation to make us change our ways” (Proverbs 20:30 GNT). Often we change when we feel the heat, not when we see the light. When you fail, maybe God's trying to get your attention to move you in a new direction.
3. God uses failure to build our character.“We can rejoice, too, when we run into problems and trials, for we know that they are good for us—they help us learn to be patient. And patience develops strength of character” (Romans 5:3-4 TLB). Failure has a way of softening our hearts. It helps us grow up and be mature. It makes us sensitive to others. It makes us less judgmental and helps us be a little more sympathetic to people around us who are hurting.
Failure doesn’t automatically grow your character. Failure just makes some people bitter. Failure only builds your character when you respond to it correctly and learn from it.
For more Daily Hope with Rick Warren, please visit pastorrick.com!
$50,000 Matching Grant DOUBLES your gift!
Too many people are running on empty — overwhelmed with worries and burdens.
That’s why we want to send you Pastor Rick’s Re-Energize Your Life interactive guide and journal to help you reconnect with God to be renewed and refreshed. It’s our thank-you for your support today.
And a $50,000 Matching Grant will DOUBLE your donation to help more people connect with Jesus — and re-energize their life!
Re-Energize Your Life will help you . . .
• Lighten your load and re-activate your passion
• Make space for what matters most
• Take 5 steps so you can be used by God
Get yours today when you support Daily Hope and your donation will be DOUBLED by the $50,000 Matching Grant!
*The USA IRS code permits you to deduct the amount of your financial gift to Daily Hope that exceeds the fair market value of materials you received from Daily Hope.
This devotional © 2018 by Rick Warren. All rights reserved. Used by permission.
You can listen to Rick Warren on OnePlace.com.