How to Prepare to Share Your Life Lessons
God has put a life message within you.
When you became a believer, you also became God’s messenger. God wants to speak to the world through you.
You may think you don’t have anything to share, but that’s the Devil trying to keep you silent. You have a storehouse of experiences that God wants to use to bring others into his family.
The Bible says, “Those who believe in the Son of God have the testimony of God in them” (1 John 5:10a GW).
Here’s one thing that will help you prepare to share: Write down the major life lessons you’ve learned. We should be grateful Solomon did this, because it gave us the books of Proverbs and Ecclesiastes, which are filled with practical lessons on living. Imagine how much needless frustration could be avoided if we learned from each other’s life lessons.
Here are a few questions to jog your memory and get you started:
- What has God taught you from failure? (Psalm 51)
- What has God taught you from a lack of money? (Philippians 4:11-13)
- What has God taught you from pain or sorrow or depression? (2 Corinthians 1:4-10)
- What has God taught you through waiting? (Psalm 40)
- What has God taught you through illness? (Psalm 119:71)
- What has God taught you from disappointment? (Genesis 50:20)
- What have you learned from your family, your church, your relationships, your small group, and your critics?
Talk It Over
- Once you identify your life lessons, who does God want you to share them with?
- Why are we often hesitant to share with others our life lessons, especially lessons from failure?
- How does your perspective change when you learn life lessons from the difficult times in your life?
For more Daily Hope with Rick Warren, please visit rickwarren.org
Daily Inspiration for The Purpose Driven Life
In Daily Inspiration for The Purpose Driven Life, Pastor Rick has taken all the key verses that explain how God created each of us for five purposes and put them into an easy-to-use reference tool that will help anyone study and memorize God’s Word.
This devotional © 2016 by Rick Warren. All rights reserved. Used by permission.
You can also listen to Rick Warren on OnePlace.com.