Six Biblical Truths about God’s Blessing - Daily Hope with Rick Warren - November 24, 2018
Six Biblical Truths about God’s Blessing
By Rick Warren
“Out of the fullness of his grace he has blessed us all, giving us one blessing after another” (John 1:16 GNT).
You probably hear the phrase“God bless you” on a regular basis. You may even hear it daily.
But do you know what a blessing really is? I don’t believe most people do.
It actually means “good word.” Don’t ever doubt this. God has some really good words for you.
I’ve looked at all of the verses in the Bible about blessing. As I did, I discovered six truths related to God’s blessing.
- God blesses us even though we don’t deserve it.The Bible tells us, “Out of the fullness of his grace he has blessed us all, giving us one blessing after another” (John 1:16 GNT).
- God blesses us because he enjoys doing it.Any parent can understand this. We love to bless our children. So does God. God says in Jeremiah 32:41: “I will enjoy blessing them” (GW).
- God promises he will bless our lives if we obey him.God’s promises and his blessings are not automatic. They are conditional. You’re not waiting on God to bless you. He is waiting for you to fulfill the conditions necessary for your blessing.
- God blesses us as a witness to others. God wants to show off his blessing so that other people can see what a good God he is.
- God blesses us to bless others. God doesn’t bless you so you can just store up his blessings and keep them all to yourselves. God blesses you so you can bless others.
- God’s blessing can be multigenerational. God does this over and over throughout the Bible. For example, the Bible says in Genesis 25:11, “After Abraham’s death, God blessed his son Isaac” (NIV).
Never forget that God wants to bless you. You’re not waiting for him. He’s waiting for you!
For more Daily Hope with Rick Warren, please visit pastorrick.com!
God’s Big Plans for Me Storybook Bible and Integrating God’s Word Into My Life CD Message
Help the children in your life experience God’s Word!
One of the greatest ways to fulfill the Great Commission is to share Jesus and God’s Word with the children who God has placed in your life.
And there’s now a great tool to help do that — Pastor Rick Warren’s brand-new book, God’s Big Plans for Me Storybook Bible.
This 223-page, full-color, beautifully illustrated, hardcover children’s version of God’s Word shares key Bible stories along with the 40 foundational principles from the #1 New York Times bestseller, The Purpose Driven Life. And it’s written in a way that’s easy for even the youngest readers to understand.
The God’s Big Plans for Me Storybook Bible will help the children in your life . . .
• Experience Bible stories coming to life with child-friendly language
• Connect deeply with Scripture through engaging illustrations
• Grow to love Jesus through lessons targeted specifically for them
• Discover God’s plans and purposes for their life
God’s Big Plans for Me Storybook is our gift to thank you for your donation below. And as an act of our appreciation, we’ll also send you Pastor Rick’s CD message, Integrating God’s Word Into My Life.
So when you give below, be sure to request your copy of God’s Big Plans for Me Storybook to bless a child in your life — and Integrating God’s Word Into My Life for yourself.
Thank you for giving today to help more people learn, love, and live God’s Word through Daily Hope!
This devotional © 2018 by Rick Warren. All rights reserved. Used by permission.
You can listen to Rick Warren on OnePlace.com.