“He will send down help from heaven to save me because of his love” (Psalm 57:3a TLB).
There’s a myth that says you’ve got to clean up your act before you can come to God: “I’ve got to get it all together. There are a few things I’ve got to get right in my life first, and then I’ll come to God.”
It’s like brushing your teeth before going to the dentist to have your teeth cleaned or washing the dishes before you put them in the dishwasher or picking up the house before the maid gets there! Why do we do this?
The truth is, God doesn’t expect us to clean up our act before we approach him. The death and Resurrection of Jesus is God’s statement on that. Jesus spread out his arms and said, “I love you this much. Now, just come as you are.”
There are people you know who think God will never love them because they’ve made such a mess of their lives. But you know God wants them to come as they are. Help them hear the Good News from Jesus. Invite them to come to church with you this Easter. It’s such a simple thing to do, but it can make a difference that will last for eternity.
Talk It Over
- What messes from your past do you have a hard time believing that God can forgive?
- Who do you need to invite to Easter service so that he or she can hear the Good News of God’s love and grace?
- Why do you think people feel like they have to clean up their lives or their appearance before they even walk through the doors of a church?
For more Daily Hope with Rick Warren, please visit pastorrick.com!
Discover God’s power to change your life!
When you’ve had all the “crazy” you can take…
Do you have a relationship that drives you crazy? Maybe it’s a spouse, sibling, parent, co-worker, or the crazy relative that really pushes your buttons.
Pastor Rick shows how you can turn crazy relationships into peaceful ones through his You Make Me Crazy Study Kit.
This 6-week video study includes a DVD and study guide—and helps you . . .
• Reconcile with the people who drive you crazy
• Start healing from past hurts caused by others
• Understand the emotions simmering beneath people’s words
• Turn conflict into cooperation
• Offer God’s immeasurable love even when it’s hard
The You Make Me Crazy Study Kit is our thank you for your gift to share the hope of Jesus Christ through Daily Hope! Request your copy today when you give below.
May it help you learn to love even the most difficult people in your life.
This devotional © 2017 by Rick Warren. All rights reserved. Used by permission.
You can listen to Rick Warren on OnePlace.com.