Listening to My Bed Head Heart - Encouragement Café - July 21, 2017
Listening to My Bed Head Heart
By Michelle Axton Kelly
Friday, July 21, 2017
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. John 14:27 NIV
As the sun peaked through the curtains in our room I lay awake, my heart beating rapidly. I must remember to call Teagan’s pediatrician today. Why can’t my girls get along???
I thought they’d be best friends, but so many times… what if I created this? I yelled too much yesterday. I’m a terrible mom… wife.
Writing deadlines. Overwhelmed. Dinner. What do we have downstairs? And the trip to Texas? The trip to Texas… in both parent’s houses for the first time since all three passed… so quickly. Memories. Tears.
And so I’ve listened to my bed head heart…
On these mornings I know that just like my bed head, my heart is one jumbled, tangled mess. The anxiety chokes me and I haven’t even started my day before I feel defeated.
I must tell you friend what I know in my soul. This kind of heart is never what God intended for His daughters.
Sigh. And so, I start my day again…
If you have ever let thoughts like this race through and destroy your peace, then hold onto your hairbrush! Today I offer encouragement via a spiritual detangler!
Five Steps to Calm a Bed Head Heart
1. Pray – Give your cares to the Lord and then faithfully release them into His capable hands. Ask Him to prioritize your day, to give you a heart full of grace and wisdom.
2. Get thyself to the nearest devotional – There is no better way to untangle a mess than to know we have your back and been where you are! Social media makes it easier than ever to encourage each other!
3. Change your scenery – Sometimes just getting outta those jammies and even outside makes all the difference in changing your outlook. Take control of your day instead of letting it overwhelm you.
4. Reach out – Be honest about your struggle with someone who loves you. Ask for perspective and prayer. You don’t have to provide specifics. And send me a prayer request. I’ll happily pray you through your day firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Get busy – After praying that God prioritizes your day, tackle a few of your top action items. You might be surprised where the Spirit has you to focus your attention today.
When moments in life threaten to overwhelm you and take away your heart’s peace, reach out in faith to God and those around you. Pray for His guidance, wisdom, peace and priorities within your life. Release control over to Him and faithfully expect He will take care of you.
Dear Heavenly Father, this life You have given us is abundantly full. Thank You for entrusting such blessings upon our lives. When we reach moments of doubt, anxiety or feelings of being overwhelmed we pray You will take over, direct our days, help us to live inside Your Perfect, Powerful Will. In Jesus’ Name we pray, Amen.
© 2017 by Michelle Axton Kelly. All rights reserved.
Do you know Jesus Christ as your personal Savior? Pull up a chair… He’s been waiting for you.
Need a refill? Please join us at the Encouragement Café with Luann and Friends.
The conversation at the Café is always hot and fresh. We invite you to listen inas we gather around the table to discuss everyday life.
Comfort food for your soul is always on our menu, and friends are always close enough to hug. We invite you to join us daily, as our writer’s share how the Lord continues to transform them into His glorious image.
Still craving more…Join us as we grow together in grace and truth through our online bible study.
Stop by Encouragement Café and listen as the girls share life. Find podcasts, videos, Bible studies, prayer, resources and daily helpings of hope, laughter and friendship around our table. We've saved a seat just for you!