Is Peace Possible?
Café Menu for Tuesday, March 17, 2015
Today’s Special is: Jesus Christ Is Our Missing “Peace”
Carefully prepared just for you by your friend, Lara Sadowski
I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.
John 16:33 NIV
Greetings sisters! Does this schedule sound a bit like yours?
· Wake up and get your kids and/or husband ready for work/school
· Breakfast? Who has time for that? Grab the Nutella and run
· Kick yourself because you missed yet another quiet time
· Rush to work, worried that you are going to be late
· Get caught in traffic and resist the temptation to give the car next to you an “unhospitable gesture”
· Handle deadline after deadline that your boss throws your way
· Breathe (sometimes I have to remind myself to do that)
· Rush out to pick up the kids from daycare
· Dinner? As you beat yourself up for not having a home-cooked meal with linen napkins on the table, you call for a pizza
· Help the kids with homework and squeeze in a little time with your husband
· Collapse into bed, worried about the dishes in the sink and the prayers you were too tired to say
Does this sound a bit familiar to you, friend? I don’t have small kids as I married my husband when his son was twelve years old, but I can relate to the self-abuse for not keeping all of the proverbial balls of my life neatly in the air. Doesn’t sound very peaceful, does it?
As women, we are nurturers and want to take great care of our family and friends. But with all of the rushing around that we do, we lose any peace we may strive to have. Believe me, I battle with this.
Jesus promises us in His Word that in Him alone, we will have peace. He does not expect us to be perfect. He just expects us to love Him with all of our hearts, souls and minds.
1 Peter 5:7 says to,
cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.
How’s that for an invitation?
Oh, sweet sisters, we don’t have to live our lives in perpetual rush mode. We can have the peace that Christ promises His children; all we have to do is ask Him for it. He cannot wait to give it to you freely.
So when you get up in the morning and already feel defeated, take heart! Jesus Christ is your “missing peace.” Be blessed today!
Instead of feeling overwhelmed with life’s demands, quiet your heart and meditate on Jesus’ love for you. Try reading through Galatians 5:22-23 and discover the Fruits of the Spirit that are readily available to us through Christ.
Heavenly Father, You are amazing and we love You so much! Please give me and all of Your daughters the peace that only comes through Your Son Jesus Christ. Help us not to be overwhelmed with all of the demands of our lives. Instead, give us strength to lean on You. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.
©2015 by Lara Sadowski. All rights reserved.
Do you know Jesus Christ as your personal Savior? Pull up a chair… He’s been waiting for you.
Need a refill? Please join us at the Encouragement Café with Luann and Friends.
The conversation at the Café is always hot and fresh. We invite you to listen inas Luann and Friends gather around the table to discuss everyday life.
Comfort food for your soul is always on our menu, and friends are always close enough to hug. We invite you to join us daily, as our writer’s share how the Lord continues to transform them into His glorious image.
Still craving more…Join us as we grow together in grace and truth through our online bible study.
Stop by Encouragement Café and listen as the girls share life. Find podcasts, videos, Bible studies, prayer, resources and daily helpings of hope, laughter and friendship around our table. We've saved a seat just for you!