December 24, 2021
Lee en español
This Christmas Eve, Proverbs 31 Ministries wants to celebrate our Lord and Savior by sharing a few prayers and Scripture verses with you. We believe that the birth, life, death and resurrection of Jesus Christ to purchase our salvation is the best gift we have received. So as you are celebrating this Christmas holiday and the spirit of giving, remember that Jesus, in His love, gave so much just for you.
- Deuteronomy 18:15 (ESV)
- “The LORD your God will raise up for you a prophet like me from among you, from your brothers—it is to him you shall listen…”
Abba, we thank You that Jesus is our Prophet and High Priest. We thank You that Jesus, who has come out of the lineage of Abraham, was the One to proclaim the Good News. Father, we thank You that there has never been and will never be a prophet greater than Jesus. And we thank You that Your Word is true and completes everything that it is sent out to do. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.
- Psalm 118:22 (ESV)
- “The stone that the builders rejected has become the cornerstone.”
Jesus, we thank You that even though You would be rejected by many, You still obeyed the will of the Father. We thank You that You are the chief cornerstone of our faith, hope and life, and that lives have forever been changed because of You. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.
- Isaiah 9:6-7 (ESV)
- “For to us a child is born, to us a son is given; and the government shall be upon his shoulder, and his name shall be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. Of the increase of his government and of peace there will be no end, on the throne of David and over his kingdom, to establish it and to uphold it with justice and with righteousness from this time forth and forevermore. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will do this.”
Father, we thank You for the prophecies that foretold the coming of our Savior, Jesus. We thank You that He is a Wonderful Counselor, that He is the mighty King of Judah, the Everlasting Father and the Prince of Peace. God, we thank You that Your Kingdom is held up by justice and righteousness and that it reigns forever. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.
- Isaiah 53:4-5 (ESV)
- “Surely he has borne our griefs and carried our sorrows; yet we esteemed him stricken, smitten by God, and afflicted. But he was pierced for our transgressions; he was crushed for our iniquities; upon him was the chastisement that brought us peace, and with his wounds we are healed.”
Jesus, we acknowledge what You have done for us on the cross. We thank You for carrying our grief and sorrows. Thank You for being pierced for our sins and crushed for our offense against the Father. Jesus, we praise You for the peace we now have and the healing that came from the wounding of Your body. We aren’t worthy of the finished work You did, but we receive it through Your mercy toward us. We are forever grateful for what You did for us 2,000 years ago. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.
- Isaiah 61:1 (ESV)
- “The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me, because the LORD has anointed me to bring good news to the poor; he has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to those who are bound …”
Jesus, we thank You that You fulfilled the prophecy of the prophet Isaiah. During Your three years of ministry, You shared the Good News with those who were poor; You set the captives free, and You drew near to the brokenhearted. Before knowing You, we were all bound and captive to our sin, but thank You that Your life and obedience to the Father’s good and perfect will has set us free forever. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.
- Luke 1:31-33 (ESV)
- “And behold, you will conceive in your womb and bear a son, and you shall call his name Jesus. He will be great and will be called the Son of the Most High. And the Lord God will give to him the throne of his father David, and he will reign over the house of Jacob forever, and of his kingdom there will be no end.”
Father, we thank You for the virgin birth of Jesus. We thank You that because of Jesus’ birth we have access to a personal relationship with You and a true and assured hope. Jesus’ birth changed everything for us. We acknowledge that Jesus is the King of kings and the Lord of lords. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.
- John 3:14-15 (ESV)
- “And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, so must the Son of Man be lifted up, that whoever believes in him may have eternal life.”
Dear heavenly Father, we thank You for sending Jesus on our behalf to die a death we deserved for our sin. There is no worse death than death on a cross. We thank You that the cross and Christ’s blood were enough to purchase our salvation. Jesus did a finished work once and for all on the cross. And Father, we thank You that we now have access to eternal life with You because of what Jesus did for us. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.
May the love of Christ be with you and your family this Christmas!
Engage more deeply with Scripture and prayer this Christmas Eve by heading over to our Encouragement for Today Devotions Community Group on Facebook, where you can watch a short video from Proverbs 31 Ministries staff member Maia Hill! Check out the video at 9 a.m. ET or anytime after.
(Prayers written by Maia Hill.)
© 2021 by Maia Hill. All rights reserved.