Do You Have Anything That Needs Exchanging? - HomeWord - December 28, 2015
- Sign Up for Email?
- 2015 Dec 28
Do You Have Anything That Needs Exchanging?
This devotional was written by Jim Burns
Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light. —Matthew 11:28-30
Today, stores are busy processing exchanges. It happens every year right after Christmas. But have you ever thought about spiritual exchanges? They are always in season.
Do you have anything that you need to exchange with God today? I know I do. Is there anything going on that is particularly burdensome? Then God wants to take your burden and exchange it with His presence. Here is a prayer that I pray that often gives me great perspective:
Away from the world and hidden from public view,
- I exchange my weariness for His strength,
- I exchange my weakness for His power,
- I exchange my darkness for His light,
- I exchange my problems for His solutions,
- I exchange my burdens for His freedom,
- I exchange my frustrations for His peace,
- I exchange my turmoil for His calm,
- I exchange my hopes for His promises,
- I exchange my afflictions for His balm of comfort,
- I exchange my questions for His answers,
- I exchange my confusion for His knowledge,
- I exchange my doubt for His assurance,
- I exchange my nothingness for His awesomeness,
- I exchange the temporal for the eternal,
- I exchange the impossible for the possible,
- I exchange my fear for His love.
Today, take a moment to relinquish your will to the will of God. After all, He can take whatever you give him and lighten your load with His peace and presence.
Psalm 55:22; 1 Peter 5:7
Sign up here for Parenting Resources and other HomeWord publications.