Don’t Be Deceived by Sin
If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. 1 John 1:8
- The evolutionist believes man is on his way up.
- The educator believes man can be taught to live without sin.
- The scientist thinks if we solve the problems of the natural world, we’ll do away with sin.
- The sociologist thinks sin comes from an unhealthy environment.
- The psychologist believes if you talk about yourself long enough, you’ll erase your guilty feelings about sin.
And all of them want to ignore God and deny sin. If sin is just a “mistake” or a “sickness,” then there’s no need for God and no reason to have Him.
How do you view sin in your life? If you try to ignore it, you’ll never have fellowship with God. See it for what it is: an affront to a Holy God. Ask God to let you see it as He sees it. Then confess it. Call upon Him to help you abandon it.
For more from Love Worth Finding and Pastor Adrian Rogers, please visit www.lwf.org.
You can also listen to Adrian Rogers at OnePlace.com.