Power Point - September 15, 2005
- Sign Up for Email? Sign Up for Email Delivery?
- 2005 Sep 15
September 15, 2005
As for God, His way is perfect; the word of the Lord is proven; He is a shield to all who trust in Him.
--2 Samuel 22:31
I’ve been talking to you about trusting God, but I want to give you some signposts that have helped me make decisions and know that I’m in the center of His will along the way. You must first preface these principles with knowing that your life is fully surrendered to the Lord and that you’re completely trusting in Him.
- Make a daily appointment with God. Don’t say you’re interested in knowing His will if you don’t take the time regularly to seek and listen to Him. God is more interested in who you are than what you’re doing or where you’re doing it. If you will spend time daily in the study of His Word and prayer, He will build character in you and mold you into the image of Christ. The will of God is not so much a road map as it is a relationship.
- Expect peace and joy (see Romans 15:13). When you trust in God, it is accompanied by peace and joy. When you do the will of God, you will experience a sense of righteousness. There’s joy in doing the will of God and peace in knowing it.
- Be willing to wait. Too many often, people run by the old adage: If in doubt, go ahead. But when in doubt, you should wait on God. You may not be ready and God may be purifying and preparing you for something better. Do you ever thank God for not answering some of those prayers you prayed long ago? Be willing to wait on God.
- Keep moving forward. Continue on the path of being obedient to God. Don’t get caught up in the paralysis of analysis, but move forward and God will direct your steps.
- Seek wise counsel. Seek wisdom from someone who knows and loves you and knows and loves the Lord. There have been many times in my own life that I have sought the wise counsel of experienced Christians who have helped me through things.
- Be bold. Take some risks. Don’t wonder what might have been if you’d stepped out on faith and believed what God was calling you to. If the Holy Spirit has spoken to your heart and God shows you an open door, go through it in the name of Jesus, and He will guide you along the way.
After all of these signposts, you may still be asking, “What if I make a mistake?” Don’t you know that God is bigger than some stupid mistake you or I make? He’s in control. Trust and obey Him and you will experience His will for your life.
SAY YES TO GOD’S BEST IN YOUR LIFE.