Jesus becomes involved in controversy with religious leaders over His true identity.
When iron and aluminum shavings are mixed together, they are indistinguishable. You cannot identify them by sight; you must sweep a magnet through them. The magnet will attract all of the iron filings, but the aluminum filings will remain undisturbed.
The Lord Jesus Christ has exactly the same effect on those to whom He ministers. Those whose understanding is anchored in faith are drawn to Him like iron to a magnet. Those who choose not to believe remain undisturbed, as though nothing special has happened.
Some of the multitude were saying, "This is the Christ" while others were saying, "Surely the Christ is not going to come from Galilee, is He?" Understanding, combined with faith, understands even more. Unbelief blinds people.
· Let us praise Him, for surely, this is the Christ:
A scepter of righteousness is the scepter of Your kingdom.
You love righteousness and hate wickedness;
Therefore God, Your God, has anointed You
With the oil of gladness more than Your companions
We have thought, O God, on Your lovingkindness,
In the midst of Your temple.
According to Your name, O God,
So is Your praise to the ends of the earth;
Your right hand is full of righteousness
· Pray this confession to the Lord as you seek to keep your life free from sin:
Blessed is he whose transgression is forgiven,
Whose sin is covered.
Blessed is the man to whom the Lord does not impute iniquity,
And in whose spirit there is no deceit
· Now pause to pray this affirmation to the Lord:
Your word is a lamp to my feet,
And a light to my path (Psalms 119:105).
· As you make your requests known to the Lord, pray for:
· greater love for your family,
· the work of missions in North and South America,
· your activities for the day.
· Offer this closing prayer: