Quiet Walk - April 22
- Sign Up for Email? Sign Up for Email Delivery?
- 2022 Apr 22
Jesus meets with His disciples and institutes the Lord's Supper.
More than 2000 years ago, the Lord Jesus Christ ate a ceremonial meal with His disciples. This meal originated in the Passover and pictured Christ's death, our need to receive Him personally for our salvation, and the fact that all those who are His people are a communion of saints. During the meal, He instructed His disciples to observe this ceremony regularly and with gladness until His return.
And so, whether called the Lord's Supper, Communion, or the Lord's Table, Christians today observe a solemn but joyous ceremonial meal which looks back to the redemption of the Cross and forward to the glory of the Second Coming.
· Praise God that He is powerful enough to keep the promises pictured by Communion.
The Lord reigns;
Let the peoples tremble!
He dwells between the cherubim;
Let the earth be moved!
The Lord is great in Zion,
And He is high above all the peoples.
Let them praise Your great and awesome name - He is holy
· Pause for personal praise and thanksgiving. Pray this confession to the Lord as you seek to keep your life free from sin:
If I regard iniquity in my heart,
The Lord will not hear
· As you contemplate the mercy of God, confess any sins which the Holy Spirit brings to your mind. Now pause to pray this affirmation to the Lord:
But certainly God has heard me;
He has attended to the voice of my prayer.
Blessed be God,
Who has not turned away my prayer,
Nor His mercy from me!
· As you make your requests known to the Lord, pray for:
· greater understanding of other traditions within Christianity,
· heart-felt worship at your local church,
· your activities for the day,
· whatever else is on your heart.
· Finally, offer this closing prayer to the Lord:
Blessed are those who are called to the marriage supper of the Lamb! (Revelation 19:9).
Receive teachings, global updates, and free resources with Walk Thru the Bible's free Living God's Word.
Read our current Newsletter and Subscribe today.