Quiet Walk - April 30
- Sign Up for Email? Sign Up for Email Delivery?
- 2022 Apr 30
Jesus appears to His disciples again to reassure them and to build their faith.
Without a shepherd, the sheep scatter. After Jesus' death, His disciples scatter and the fishermen return to the sea. They simply do not know what to do next.
After an evening of unfruitful fishing, they return to shore to find Jesus there with breakfast ready. We see a picture of Peter and Jesus, eating together in perfect harmony. Bear in mind, this is the man who denied that he ever knew Jesus. This incident adds weight to Jesus' statement that the one can love greater who has been forgiven for the greater sin.
The Lord is mindful of our frame and knows that we are but dust. You must not let sin fester in your heart. Confess it and accept His forgiveness.
· The Lord reigns and He forgives. Praise Him for His blessings on our behalf:
The Lord reigns, He is clothed with majesty;
The Lord is clothed,
He has girded Himself with strength.
Surely the world is established, so that it cannot be moved.
Your throne is established from of old;
You are from everlasting
He is your praise, and He is your God, who has done for you these great and awesome things which your eyes have seen (Deuteronomy 10:21).
· Pause for praise and thanksgiving. Pray this confession to the Lord as you seek to keep your life free from sin:
I have blotted out, like a thick cloud, your transgressions,
And like a cloud, your sins.
Return to Me, for I have redeemed you
· As you confess your sins, pause and pray this affirmation to the Lord:
I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me (Galatians 2:20).
· As you make your requests known to the Lord, pray for:
· your spiritual growth,
· the fulfillment of the Great Commission,
· your activities for the day.
· Offer this closing prayer to the Lord:
Blessing and honor and glory and power
Be to Him who sits on the throne,
And to the Lamb, forever and ever!
Receive teachings, global updates, and free resources with Walk Thru the Bible's free Living God's Word.
Read our current Newsletter and Subscribe today.