Quiet Walk - April 5
- Sign Up for Email?
- 2023 Apr 05
Pilate tries Jesus then hands Him over to be crucified.
Proverbs 20:17 says, "Bread gained by deceit is sweet to a man, but afterward his mouth will be filled with gravel." If ever a man illustrates that truth, Judas does. Some mysterious passion burns in his breast to betray Jesus.
Whether Judas seeks political ambition or mere lust for money, we do not know. But later, his remorse is so great that he throws the money away and hangs himself. We must remember Judas when illicit desire burns in our breast. Such desire always promises more than it delivers; it always turns to gravel in our mouths.
· The sacrifice which Jesus made for us took tremendous courage, for which we praise Him:
O Lord, our Lord,
How excellent is Your name in all the earth,
Who have set Your glory above the heavens! . . .
When I consider Your heavens, the work of Your fingers,
The moon and the stars, which You have ordained,
What is man that You are mindful of him,
And the son of man that You visit him? . .
O Lord, our Lord,
How excellent is Your name in all the earth!
· Pause for personal praise and thanksgiving. Pray this confession to the Lord as you seek to keep your life free from the power of sin:
O Lord, do not rebuke me in Your anger,
Nor chasten me in Your hot displeasure.
Have mercy on me, O Lord, for I am weak;
O Lord, heal me, for my bones are troubled.
My soul also is greatly troubled;
But You, O Lord-how long? (Psalms 6:1-3).
· Confess any sins that the Holy Spirit brings to your mind. Now pause to pray this affirmation to the Lord:
God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth (John 4:24).
· As you make your requests known to the Lord, pray for:
· the leading of the Lord in your life,
· opportunities for personal evangelism,
· your activities for the day,
· whatever else is on your heart.
· Finally, offer this closing prayer to the Lord:
This is the day the Lord has made;
We will rejoice and be glad in it
Receive teachings, global updates, and free resources with Walk Thru the Bible's free Living God's Word.
Read our current Newsletter and Subscribe today.