Quiet Walk - Feb. 1
- Sign Up for Email? Sign Up for Email Delivery?
- 2023 Feb 01
The plagues against Pharaoh and Egypt begin.
In this chapter, as the Lord speaks to Moses, we read the remarkable words, "See, I have made you as God to Pharaoh" (Exodus 7:1). To the world, God's children often stand in the place of God. We are the only Bible they will read-all of Jesus they will see.
It is vital that we represent the Lord accurately. Of course, no mortal man can do so in any complete sense, but in a representative sense we must. It does not mean we must be perfect, but it does mean we are to give those around us a glimpse of who Jesus really is.
Jesus said, "Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven" (Matthew 5:16). Commit yourself to Christlikeness and believe that the Lord will multiply your life as others see Him in you.
· As you continue your time with the Lord, offer to Him this psalm of humble praise:
Not unto us, O Lord, not unto us,
But to Your name give glory,
Because of Your mercy,
And because of Your truth.
Why should the Gentiles say,
"Where now is their God?" (Psalms 115:1).
· Now pray this confession to the Lord to keep your life in fellowship with Him:
O Lord, do not rebuke me in Your anger,
Nor chasten me in Your hot displeasure.
Have mercy on me, O Lord, for I am weak;
O Lord, heal me, for my bones are troubled.
My soul also is greatly troubled;
But You, O Lord-how long? (Psalms 6:1-3).
· As you confess any sins that the Holy Spirit brings to your mind, voice your affirmation of God's Word by reflecting on Jesus' words:
"My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me. And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand" (John 10:27-28).
· As you make your requests known to the Lord, pray for:
· others to see Christ in you,
· the Lord of the harvest to send laborers into His harvest,
· your prayer list.
· Now offer this prayer of worship to the Lord:
But it is good for me to draw near to God;
I have put my trust in the Lord God,
That I may declare all Your works
Receive teachings, global updates, and free resources with Walk Thru the Bible's free Living God's Word.
Read our current Newsletter and Subscribe today.