The children of Israel reject God's signs.
By nature, we are sight-walkers, not faith-walkers. We tend to have confidence in that which we can see, that which we have known. We fear that which we can't see and haven't known.
Not only does Israel refuse to go into the land because of the giants-the Israelites want to return to Egypt! Do they not remember that they were slaves there? Do they not remember that they cried out in tears to God for deliverance from Egypt?
You can't go back to your old life. There is nothing there but bondage. Your hope lies in following the Lord by faith. Walk forward.
· Give praise to the God who is powerful enough to defeat the giants in our own lives:
You are worthy, O Lord,
To receive glory and honor and power;
For You created all things,
And by Your will they exist and were created (Revelation 4:11).
· Now pray this confession to the Lord to keep your life free from sin and in fellowship with Him:
O Lord, I know the way of man is not in himself;
It is not in man who walks to direct his own steps.
O Lord, correct me, but with justice;
Not in your anger, lest You bring me to nothing (Jeremiah 10:23-24).
· Confess any sins that the Holy Spirit brings to your mind. As you agree with God's will, voice your affirmation of His Word:
You, Lord, are good, and ready to forgive,
And abundant in mercy to all those who call upon You
· As you make your requests known to the Lord, pray for:
· greater ability to walk by faith in your own life,
· courage for Christian leaders to consistently yield to God's will,
· today's activities.
· Now offer this prayer of worship to the Lord:
Blessing and honor and glory and power
Be to Him who sits on the throne,
And to the Lamb, forever and ever!