Moses reminds the new generation of their parents' disobedience.
Those who do not remember history are condemned to repeat it. Moses reviews the history of the wanderings of Israel to the new generation poised on the plains of Moab-ready to enter the Promised Land.
Moses tells them that their fathers did not believe the promises of God. Therefore, they were not obedient to Him. Their fathers condemned themselves to a life of untold hardship. Their fathers made their own destiny; they sealed their own fate.
Learn from their history. Do not repeat it.
· Offer praise to the Lord for His truth and light:
The Lord reigns, He is clothed with majesty;
The Lord is clothed,
He has girded Himself with strength.
Surely the world is established, so that it cannot be moved.
Your throne is established from of old;
You are from everlasting
· As you seek to keep your life free from sin, pray this passage of confession to the Lord:
Remember, O Lord, Your tender mercies
and Your lovingkindnesses,
For they are from of old.
Do not remember the sins of my youth, nor my transgressions;
According to Your mercy remember me,
For Your goodness' sake, O Lord
· As you confess any sins that the Holy Spirit brings to your mind, voice your affirmation of God's Word:
The Lord is my light and my salvation;
Whom shall I fear?
The Lord is the strength of my life;
Of whom shall I be afraid?
· As you make your requests known to the Lord, pray for:
· the Lord's leading in your life,
· opportunities to share your faith,
· your prayer list.
· Now offer this prayer of worship to the Lord:
But may the God of all grace, who called us to His eternal glory in Christ Jesus, after we have suffered a while, perfect, establish, strengthen, and settle us. To Him be the glory and the dominion forever and ever. Amen (based on 1 Peter 5:10-11).