Moses reminds the Israelites of the Lord's blessings on them.
Following God has never been easy. God never intended for it to be. He tests us to know what is in our hearts and to teach us that we do not live by bread alone. When things are too easy, we tend to be ungrateful. We tend not to give God the recognition for His blessing. In chapter 8, we see God's love and care, along with His tests and trials. We need both to be healthy. To grow, we need sunshine and rain.
· Offer praise to the Lord for His concern for our well-being:
Holy, holy, holy is the Lord of hosts;
The whole earth is full of His glory!
(Isaiah 6:3 ).
· Now pray this confession to the Lord to keep your life free from sin and in fellowship with Him:
You have blotted out, like a thick cloud, my transgressions,
And like a cloud, my sins.
I return to You, for You have redeemed me
(based on Isaiah 44:22).
· As you confess any sins that the Holy Spirit brings to your mind, voice your affirmation of God's Word:
Behold, God is my salvation,
I will trust and not be afraid;
For Yah, the Lord, is my strength and my song;
He also has become my salvation
You will keep him in perfect peace,
Whose mind is stayed on You,
Because he trusts in You.
Trust in the Lord forever,
For in Yah, the Lord, is everlasting strength
· As you make your requests known to the Lord, pray for:
· spiritual victory over temptation,
· opportunities to serve the Lord,
· the concerns of your heart.
· Now offer this prayer of worship to the Lord:
Let the beauty of the Lord our God be upon us,
And establish the work of our hands for us;
Yes, establish the work of our hands