Restoration is promised to the Israelites.
Where would we be without forgiveness? In his weakness, man is not able to sustain any relationship without eventually needing to forgive and to be forgiven. This includes his relationship with God. Unless God were willing to forgive us, we could have no relationship with Him, for we are unable to be sinless before Him.
What a warm and tender chapter comes on the heels of the curses. God says, "If you turn from Me, I will pour out on you the curses. But if you repent and return to Me, I will forgive you and restore you." What a comfort. What a wonderful God.
· For His grace to forgive, offer the Lord this psalm of praise:
Oh, sing to the Lord a new song!
Sing to the Lord, all the earth.
Sing to the Lord, bless His name;
Proclaim the good news of His salvation from day to day.
Declare His glory among the nations,
His wonders among all peoples
· Now pray this confession to the Lord to keep your life in fellowship with Him:
But He was wounded for our transgressions,
He was bruised for our iniquities;
The chastisement for our peace was upon Him,
And by His stripes we are healed.
All we like sheep have gone astray;
We have turned, every one, to his own way;
And the Lord has laid on Him the iniquity of us all (Isaiah 53:5-6).
· Confess any sins that the Holy Spirit brings to your mind. As you agree with God's will, voice your affirmation of His Word:
These things You have spoken to me, that in You I may have peace. In the world I will have tribulation; but I will be of good cheer, You have overcome the world (based on John 16:33).
· As you make your requests known to the Lord, pray for:
· greater love for others,
· the work of missions in the Middle East,
�� your prayer list.
· Offer this prayer of worship to the Lord:
Now may our Lord Jesus Christ Himself, and our God and Father, who has loved us and given us everlasting consolation and good hope by grace, comfort our hearts and establish us in every good word and work (based on 2 Thessalonians 2:16-17).