Quiet Walk - Jan. 13
- Sign Up for Email? Sign Up for Email Delivery?
- 2023 Jan 13
Abraham offers his son, Isaac, as a sacrifice.
God tests our faith -- not to catch us failing so that He can punish us or merely to determine genuineness -- but to strengthen and increase our faith for the future.
The concept of testing includes refining or purifying. It is the same word used to describe the process of refining gold to purify it and to increase its value. The purpose of testing is to yield spiritual maturity.
We see from Abraham's life that God tests us for our good. We, then, can trust Him, even during times of testing.
· Give praise to God that He always acts in your interest:
You have dealt well with Your servant,
O Lord, according to Your word.
Teach me good judgment and knowledge,
For I believe Your commandments.
Before I was afflicted I went astray,
But now I keep Your word.
You are good, and do good;
Teach me Your statutes (Psalms 119:65-68).
· Now pray this confession to the Lord to keep your life free from sin and in fellowship with Him:
This is a faithful saying and worthy of all acceptance, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, of whom I am chief (1 Timothy 1:15).
· As you confess any sins that the Holy Spirit brings to your mind, voice your affirmation of God's Word:
Though I walk in the midst of trouble,
You will revive me;
You will stretch out Your hand
Against the wrath of my enemies,
And Your right hand will save me
· As you make your requests known to the Lord, pray for:
· a greater ability to withstand temptation,
· civil leaders to act in godly ways,
· your prayer list.
· Offer this prayer of worship to the Lord:
I will worship toward Your holy temple,
And praise Your name
For Your lovingkindness and Your truth;
For You have magnified Your word above
all Your name.
In the day when I cried out,
You answered me,
And made me bold with strength in my
soul (Psalms 138:2-3).
Receive teachings, global updates, and free resources with Walk Thru the Bible's free Living God's Word.
Read our current Newsletter and Subscribe today.