Quiet Walk - Jan. 19
- Sign Up for Email? Sign Up for Email Delivery?
- 2023 Jan 19
Joseph is confined in prison.
Joseph is one of the finest examples in the Bible of faithfulness in the face of tribulation. Wherever he was, Joseph lived for the glory of God. He demonstrated that he could be trusted in the tough times, thereby making himself eligible for God to use him in other settings. Joseph was faithful over small things, so God was able to set him over large things.
Most of our failures come with the small things. It rarely occurs to us that the challenge of the moment is to demonstrate ourselves faithful at that point. Then -- and only then -- will we be trusted in the greater things. Joseph is a good reminder.
· Faithfulness in praise is a part of our privilege as servants of God:
Your kingdom is an everlasting kingdom,
And Your dominion endures throughout all generations (Psalms 145:13).
· Now pray this confession to the Lord to keep your life free from sin and in fellowship with Him:
Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean;
Wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow.
Make me hear joy and gladness,
That the bones You have broken may rejoice.
Hide Your face from my sins,
And blot out all my iniquities (Psalms 51:7-9).
· Confess any sins that the Holy Spirit brings to your mind. As you agree with God's will, voice your affirmation of His Word:
For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek. For in it the righteousness of God is revealed from faith to faith; as it is written, "The just shall live by faith" (Romans 1:16-17).
· As you make your requests known to the Lord, pray for:
· deliverance from temptation,
· laborers for His harvest,
· the concerns of your heart.
· Now offer this prayer of worship to the Lord:
Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, to God who alone is wise, be honor and glory forever and ever. Amen (1 Timothy 1:17).
Receive teachings, global updates, and free resources with Walk Thru the Bible's free Living God's Word.
Read our current Newsletter and Subscribe today.