1 Kings 7
King Hiram of Tyre supplies artisans and craftsmen to finalize the glorious temple.
Not only is the work of the temple designed to reflect the splendor and glory of God, but also the layout of the temple is designed to reflect His work in atoning for our sin. The bronze laver, the candlesticks, the tables of showbread, the Holy of Holies-all are designed to picture for us the atoning work of Christ. All this is in keeping with what Paul wrote in Romans 15:4: "Whatever things were written before were written for our learning, that we through the patience and comfort of the Scriptures might have hope."
· The Lord knows us totally and loves us completely, and for this we offer Him our praise:
Mary said: "My soul magnifies the Lord, and my spirit has rejoiced in God my Savior. For He has regarded the lowly state of His maidservant; for behold, henceforth all generations will call me blessed. For He who is mighty has done great things for me, and holy is His name. And His mercy is on those who fear Him from generation to generation" (Luke 1:46-50).
· Pause for personal praise and thanksgiving. Pray this confession to the Lord as you seek to keep your life free from sin:
Remember, O Lord, Your tender mercies and Your lovingkindnesses,
For they are from of old.
Do not remember the sins of my youth, nor my transgressions;
According to Your mercy remember me,
For Your goodness' sake, O Lord
· Confess any sins that the Holy Spirit brings to your mind. Now pray this affirmation to the Lord:
"I am the door. If anyone enters by Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture. The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly. I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd gives His life for the sheep" (John 10:9-11).
· As you make your requests known to the Lord, include:
· greater insight into Scripture,
· the hungry around the world,
· your activities for the day.
· Offer this closing prayer to the Lord:
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me
All the days of my life;
And I will dwell in the house of the Lord
Forever (Psalms 23:6).