Quiet Walk - Mar. 12
- Sign Up for Email? Sign Up for Email Delivery?
- 2023 Mar 12
Jesus chooses 12 followers to be His disciples.
God takes ordinary people and does extraordinary things through them because of their devotion to Him. A look at the 12 men Jesus chooses to be His disciples does not reveal a "Who's Who" in Judea. Rather, the men seem to be unknown and undistinguished.
The work of God does not depend on talent or intelligence. Different people have different strengths, but God uses all of us to accomplish His purposes. The body of Christ is made up of many parts -- some highly visible, some hidden, all useful. God makes the most of the talents and spiritual gifts He has given each of us.
· Using the following passage, offer your praise to the Lord, who uses us to do His will in His world:
Praise the Lord!
Praise, O servants of the Lord,
Praise the name of the Lord!
Blessed be the name of the Lord
From this time forth and forevermore!
From the rising of the sun to its going down The Lord's name is to be praised. . . .
He raises the poor out of the dust,
And lifts the needy out of the ash heap,
That He may seat him with princes --
With the princes of His people
· As you seek to keep your life free from sin, pray this passage of confession:
My iniquities have gone over my head;
Like a heavy burden they are too heavy for me.
My wounds are foul and festering
Because of my foolishness
· Confess any sins that the Holy Spirit brings to your mind. Pause to pray this passage of affirmation to the Lord:
It is the God who commanded light to shine out of darkness, who has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ. But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellence of the power may be of God and not of us (2 Corinthians 4:6-7).
· As you make your requests known to the Lord, pray for:
· greater comfort in God's providence,
· the needs of family members,
· your activities for the day.
· Finally, offer this closing prayer:
Eye has not seen, nor ear heard, nor have entered into the heart of man the things which You have prepared for those who love You (based on 1 Corinthians 2:9).
Receive teachings, global updates, and free resources with Walk Thru the Bible's free Living God's Word.
Read our current Newsletter and Subscribe today.