Quiet Walk - Mar. 18
- Sign Up for Email? Sign Up for Email Delivery?
- 2023 Mar 18
Jesus performs two astounding miracles in His hometown of Nazareth.
Jesus' miracles are often more than acts of kindness; they are also profound object lessons given to train His contemporary and future followers.
After feeding the 5,000, Jesus again sends the Twelve out onto the Sea of Galilee, knowing a storm will come. Then He walks out on the water to reveal to them more deeply the reality of who He is. By their reaction, the disciples show that their idea of Christ is too small. He is more -- much more -- than they think He is.
· Praise the Lord for the greatness of His character:
Holy, holy, holy,
Lord God Almighty,
Who was and is and is to come! . . .
You are worthy, O Lord,
To receive glory and honor and power;
For You created all things,
And by Your will they exist and were created
· As you seek to keep your life free from the sin that so easily entangles, pray this confession to the Lord:
I long for Your salvation, O Lord,
And Your law is my delight.
Let my soul live, and it shall praise You;
And let Your judgments help me.
I have gone astray like a lost sheep;
Seek Your servant,
For I do not forget Your commandments
· Confess any sins that the Holy Spirit brings to your mind. Now pause to pray this affirmation to the Lord:
For Christ has not entered the holy places made with hands, which are copies of the true, but into heaven itself, now to appear in the presence of God for us; not that He should offer Himself often, as the high priest enters the Most Holy Place every year with blood of another -- He then would have had to suffer often since the foundation of the world; but now, once at the end of the ages, He has appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of Himself (Hebrews 9:24-26).
· As you make your requests known to the Lord, pray for:
· greater understanding of God's character through His Word,
· contentment with His will,
· your activities for the day.
· Offer this closing prayer:
Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience and our bodies washed with pure water (Hebrews 10:22).
Receive teachings, global updates, and free resources with Walk Thru the Bible's free Living God's Word.
Read our current Newsletter and Subscribe today.