Quiet Walk - March 30
- Sign Up for Email? Sign Up for Email Delivery?
- 2023 Mar 30
Jesus tells the parable of the fig tree and signs of His second coming.
Matthew 24 and 25 offer some of the most comforting -- and terrifying -- verses in the Bible. They detail some of the judgments to fall on mankind at the end of history. Yet God will not be caught by surprise. He is able to protect His spiritual children.
If someone comes along and says, "I am Christ," we do not have to be confused. We know he is a false teacher, for Jesus will come in the twinkling of an eye -- there will be no time for such statements. The God of power is also the God of the future, and we can rest in His sovereign care as we trust in Him.
· As you rest in God's sovereignty, offer Him this psalm of trust:
Enter into His gates with thanksgiving,
And into His courts with praise.
Be thankful to Him, and bless His name.
For the Lord is good;
His mercy is everlasting,
And His truth endures to all generations
Blessed be the Lord God, the God of Israel,
Who only does wondrous things!
And blessed be His glorious name forever! And let the whole earth be filled with His glory (Psalms 72:18-19).
· Pause for personal praise and thanksgiving. As you seek to keep your life free from sin, pray this confession to the Lord:
All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned, every one, to his own way; and the Lord has laid on Him the iniquity of us all (Isaiah 53:6).
· Confess any sins that the Holy Spirit brings to your mind. Now pause to pray this affirmation to the Lord:
Amen! Blessing and glory and wisdom,
Thanksgiving and honor and power and might,
Be to our God forever and ever. Amen (Revelation 7:12).
· As you make your requests known to the Lord, pray for:
· blessing in your life roles: family, work, ministry,
· the Lord to send out laborers into His harvest,
· your activities for the day.
· Offer this closing prayer to the Lord:
The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Spirit be with you all. Amen (2 Corinthians 13:14).
Receive teachings, global updates, and free resources with Walk Thru the Bible's free Living God's Word.
Read our current Newsletter and Subscribe today.