Quiet Walk - May 18
- Sign Up for Email? Sign Up for Email Delivery?
- 2022 May 18
Boaz marries Ruth and restores the fortunes of both Ruth and Naomi.
What a happy ending. Because of Ruth's faithfulness and circumspection, all the broad acres in which she once gleaned as a destitute alien are now hers, for she has become one with the owner.
When we are one with Christ, we are no longer aliens in another's fields; and being one with Christ, all that is His is now also ours. As Ruth is translated from isolation and poverty to union and wealth in Boaz, so we become fellow heirs of the riches of Christ and the grace of God. It is likely that the story of Ruth is intended by God to picture our redemption in Christ. And our story is even greater than Ruth's story.
· Ruth is such a beautiful story of redemption. Praise the Lord for His redemption for us:
Not unto us, O Lord, not unto us,
But to Your name give glory,
Because of Your mercy,
Because of Your truth. . . .
You who fear the Lord, trust in the Lord;
He is their help and their shield. . . .
We will bless the Lord
From this time forth and forevermore.
Praise the Lord!
· Pause for personal praise and thanksgiving. Pray this confession to the Lord as you seek to keep your life free from sin:
He has not dealt with us according to our sins,
Nor punished us according to our iniquities.
For as the heavens are high above the earth,
So great is His mercy toward those who fear Him;
As far as the east is from the west,
So far has He removed our transgressions from us
· Confess any sins that the Holy Spirit brings to your mind. Now pause to pray this affirmation to the Lord:
Unto us a Child is born,
Unto us a Son is given;
And the government will be upon His shoulder.
And His name will be called
Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God,
Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace
· As you make your requests known to the Lord, pray for:
· greater passion for moral excellence,
· Christian education institutions,
· your activities for the day.
· Finally, offer this closing prayer:
The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Spirit be with you all. Amen. (2 Corinthians 13:14).
Receive teachings, global updates, and free resources with Walk Thru the Bible's free Living God's Word.
Read our current Newsletter and Subscribe today.