Think It Over
by Charles R. Swindoll
A Public Agenda Foundation study, coauthored by Daniel Yankelovich, came up with these top ten qualities that today's workers want in a job:
- Work with people who treat me with respect
- Interesting work
- Recognition for good work
- Chance to develop skills
- Work for people who listen if you have ideas about how to do things better
- A chance to think for myself
- Seeing the end results of my work
- Working for efficient managers
- A job that is not too easy
- Feeling well-informed about what is going on
Ponder that list. Notice what isn't included in the top ten: job security, benefits, vacation time, and high salary. Yet most companies still operate as though they are the big four—the only ways to motivate and keep their employees.
Ours is a new world. We cannot exist as though it isn't changing.
Now, think about your church. Do you think any of the above might apply? Do any of them apply to you? How is your church meeting the changes and challenges of today?
Excerpted from Day by Day with Charles Swindoll, Copyright © 2000 by Charles R. Swindoll, Inc. (Thomas Nelson Publishers). All rights reserved worldwide. Used by permission.
In Appreciation of Your Gift . . .
The Church Awakening: An Urgent Call for Renewal
In appreciation of your support of Insight for Living Ministries, you can choose to receive this resource when you donate today.
This powerful 282-page softcover book flips the switch and turns on the light of truth—revealing how the church can fulfill its original purpose as determined by its originator, Jesus.
- See more at: http://www.insight.org/resources/devotionals/think-it-over-15.html#sthash.RI4Jgvnj.dpuf
Used with permission. All rights reserved.