Esther - Lesson Ten - Day 5
- Thomas Klock Harvest Ministries
- 2008 12 Feb
DAY FIVE: The Impact of One Life: Mordecai
Please carefully read Esther 10:1—3 and answer the following questions.
1. The book begins with considering Ahasuerus (Xerxes) and his wealth and power, and in part concludes with him.[ix] What did he do after the events of Esther 9 (v. 1)?
2. How does v. 2 summarize the lives of Ahasuerus and Mordecai?
3. Some skeptics have doubted that a Jew could have had such a place in the Persian Empire, yet what does Genesis 41:37-45, Nehemiah 1:11, Daniel 2:46—49, 5:29, and 6:28 demonstrate about Jews in high governmental positions?
4. Esther 10:3 serves as the key verse for realizing what impact one person, here Mordecai, can have when they are submitted to God. What are five things this verse tells us about this man and how he impacted others?
Scripture Memory: Can you write out this week’s passage by memory here below? Give it a try, and keep reviewing the passage several times throughout the day.