30 Quotes about Jesus Christ to Inspire Your Faith
- Cally Logan Author
- 2018 3 Oct
Jesus, our God and Savior, chose to humble Himself as a mere infant on this earth. He lived for 33 years, and then in the greatest act of love, laid down His own life and rose again for all mankind. Throughout His ministry here on earth during those 33 years, and beyond through inspiration by the Holy Spirit in believers afterward, His love endures forever.
Through His actions, words, and revelation to man, it is clear to see His intent of love for mankind. He is the only person to ever walk this earth and live a completely perfect life with no sin. His ever-lasting impact upon this earth through His sacrifice, resurrection, and miracles changed the course of history forever. Through His actions and words, we can be encouraged each and every day to pick up our own cross to follow His lead, knowing He will walk with us and draw us closer to Himself.
Powerful Words in the Gospels Spoken by Jesus
1. “Do to others whatever you would like them to do to you. This is the essence of all that is taught in the law and the prophets.” ― Matthew 6:12
2. “That is why I tell you not to worry about everyday life—whether you have enough food and drink, or enough clothes to wear. Isn’t life more than food, and your body more than clothing? Look at the birds. They don’t plant or harvest or store food in barns, for your heavenly Father feeds them. And aren’t you far more valuable to him than they are? Can all your worries add a single moment to your life?”― Matthew 6:25
3. “For even the Son of Man came not to be served but to serve others and to give his life as a ransom for many.”― Mark 10:45
4. “’The most important one,’ answered Jesus, “is this: ‘Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one. Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’ The second is this: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself. ‘There is no commandment greater than these.’” ― Mark 12:29-31
5. “Jesus answered them, “It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.” ― Luke 5:31-32
6. “Then he said to them all: ‘Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross daily and follow me. For whoever wants to save their life will lose it, but whoever loses their life for me will save it. What good is it for someone to gain the whole world, and yet lose or forfeit their very self?’” ― Luke 9:23-25
7. ““So I say to you: Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened.” ― Luke 11:9-10
8. “Now when he was in Jerusalem at the Passover Feast, many believed in his name when they saw the signs that he was doing. But Jesus on his part did not entrust himself to them, because he knew all people and needed no one to bear witness about man, for he himself knew what was in man.” ― John 2:23-25
9. "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him. Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only Son of God.” ― John 3:16-18
10. “On the last day of the feast, the great day, Jesus stood up and cried out, ‘If anyone thirsts, let him come to me and drink. Whoever believes in me, as the Scripture has said, 'Out of his heart will flow rivers of living water.' Now this he said about the Spirit, whom those who believed in him were to receive, for as yet the Spirit had not been given, because Jesus was not yet glorified.” ― John 7:37-39
11. "Let not your hearts be troubled. Believe in God; believe also in me. In my Father's house are many rooms. If it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you to myself, that where I am you may be also. And you know the way to where I am going.” ― John 14:1-4
12. “As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love. If you keep my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father’s commands and remain in his love.I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete. My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you. Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one’s life for one’s friends. You are my friends if you do what I command. I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master’s business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you. You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you so that you might go and bear fruit—fruit that will last—and so that whatever you ask in my name the Father will give you. This is my command: Love each other." ― John 15:9-17
13. “A time is coming and in fact has come when you will be scattered, each to your own home. You will leave me all alone. Yet I am not alone, for my Father is with me. ‘I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.’” ― John 16:32-33
Encouraging Words in the Bible about Christ
14. "God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us." ― Romans 5:8
15. “For what the law was powerless to do because it was weakened by the flesh, God did by sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh to be a sin offering. And so he condemned sin in the flesh, in order that the righteous requirement of the law might be fully met in us, who do not live according to the flesh but according to the Spirit. Those who live according to the flesh have their minds set on what the flesh desires; but those who live in accordance with the Spirit have their minds set on what the Spirit desires.” ― Romans 8:3-5
16. “God has now revealed to us his mysterious will regarding Christ—which is to fulfill his own good plan. And this is the plan: At the right time he will bring everything together under the authority of Christ—everything in heaven and on earth. Furthermore, because we are united with Christ, we have received an inheritance from God, for he chose us in advance, and he makes everything work out according to his plan.” ― Ephesians 1:9
17. “While Jesus was here on earth, he offered prayers and pleadings, with a loud cry and tears, to the one who could rescue him from death. And God heard his prayers because of his deep reverence for God. Even though Jesus was God’s Son, he learned obedience from the things he suffered. In this way, God qualified him as a perfect High Priest, and he became the source of eternal salvation for all those who obey him.”―Hebrews 5:7
18. “See what kind of love the Father has given to us, that we should be called children of God; and so, we are. The reason why the world does not know us is that it did not know him." ― 1 John 3:1
Inspiring quotes about Jesus Christ from Well Known Authors and Theologians
19. “My evidence that I am saved does not lie in the fact that I preach, or that I do this or that. All my hope lies in this: that Jesus Christ came to save sinners. I am a sinner, I trust Him, then He came to save me, and I am saved.” ―Charles Spurgeon
20. “For those who love, nothing is too difficult, especially when it is done for the love of our Lord Jesus Christ.” ― Saint Ignatius
21. “The dearest friend on earth is a mere shadow compared to Jesus Christ.” ― Oswald Chambers
22. “Our Heavenly Father knows us and our circumstances and even what faces us in the future. His Beloved Son, Jesus Christ, our Savior, has suffered and paid for our sins and those of all the people we will ever meet. He has perfect understanding of the feelings, the suffering, the trials, and the needs of every individual.” ―Henry B. Eyring
23. “Only through repentance and faith in Christ can anyone be saved. No religious activity will be sufficient, only true faith in Jesus Christ alone.” ―Ravi Zacharias
24. “He is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in him.” ― John Piper
25. “[To have Faith in Christ] means, of course, trying to do all that He says. There would be no sense in saying you trusted a person if you would not take his advice. Thus if you have really handed yourself over to Him, it must follow that you are trying to obey Him. But trying in a new way, a less worried way. Not doing these things in order to be saved, but because He has begun to save you already. Not hoping to get to Heaven as a reward for your actions, but inevitably wanting to act in a certain way because a first faint gleam of Heaven is already inside you.” ― C.S. Lewis
26. “It is only because he became like us that we can become like him.” ― Dietrich Bonhoeffer
27. “Christ's miracles were not the suspension of the natural order but the restoration of the natural order. They were a reminder of what once was prior to the fall and a preview of what will eventually be a universal reality once again--a world of peace and justice, without death, disease, or conflict.” ― Tim Keller
28. “Christ is not valued at all, unless he is valued above all." ― Augustine
29. “[Jesus] not only kept Himself from engaging in evil, He also continually acted in ways that honored and glorified God. He not only continually avoided the negative, He always pursued the positive.” ― David Jeremiah
30. “When He tells us to love our enemies He gives, along with the command, the love itself.” ― Corrie ten Boom
The love of Christ goes beyond all comprehension and understanding. Through belief in Him, and choosing daily to follow Him, we too can experience what it means to be truly children of the Light. He crafted and intended us with a relationship with Himself in mind, and that relationship begins with believing that He is the Son of God and the Savior of the World.
Cally Logan is a writer and sixth grade English teacher from Richmond, Virginia. She graduated from Regent University with a degree in English with High Honors. Currently, she is a writer for Polished ministries, and head of the Dear Sparrows Ministry site, and the podcast, "Dear Sparrows." In her free time she enjoys leading a High School girls small group, cooking, and spending time in tree houses. Her latest book, "Dear Young Sparrow" is available everywhere or at DearSparrows.com.
These quotes about God’s goodness are part of our inspiring quotes series. Please pass along any quotes that touch your heart because you never know the light you may shine on someone else's dark day!
25 Powerful Quotes about God's Goodness
30 Inspirational Quotes to Encourage You Every Day
30 Inspiring Quotes about God's Amazing Grace
30 Powerful God Quotes - Inspiring Sayings about God and from God
30 Remarkable Quotes for Women to Encourage and Inspire You
25 Inspirational Love Quotes to Encourage Your Relationships
Photo credit: ©Unsplash/JakaSkrlep
Cally Logan is a writer and teacher from Richmond, Virginia. She graduated from Regent University. Currently, she is a writer for Dear Sparrows Ministry site, and the Podcast, "Dear Sparrows." In her free time, she enjoys leading a high school girls’ small group, cooking, and spending time in tree houses. Her latest books, Dear Young Sparrow and Unveiled are available everywhere or at https://dearsparrows.com/.